Fostering a spaniel

TaxiDriver

Can't understand why they would want the dog back unless they plan on putting it down quietly trying to hush it up.

I had forgotten it bit your wife's face, no normal dog does that without provocation so sorry for you both.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being honest it needs to be put down before it attacks someone else less capable of defending themselves, i think you have duty of care to inform the police under the dangerous dogs actwe dont want to hear about its next attack on the six o clock news

Can I respectfully refer you back to my earlier posting #68

Turn of events this evening :

My son uses a sight called Red it (?) or Reddit ?

Anyways, he posted about the arrival of Pudsey on the day he arrived,

Tonight, some chap has messaged him and told him that he and his girlfriend had bought Pudsey from his original owners for £195 after seeing him advertised on Preloved.com,

Within 6hrs the dog attacked and bit his girlfriend twice, once in the car and later in the evening when he leapt up off the floor and attacked her on the sofa and latched onto her hand resulting in her receiving hospital treatment.

The couple contacted the original owners and took the dog back and demanded their money back, this was On the 9th April just two days before he was picked up and delivered to us on the 11th April before attacking us on the 12th April.

Edited by TaxiDriver

Tonight, some chap has messaged him and told him that him and his wife had bought Pudsey from his original owners and the dog attacked and bit his girlfriend twice in the same day resulting in her receiving stitches the second time, they took the dog back to the owners and demanded their money back, this was just a day or two before he was picked up and delivered to us.

Jesus! Is there anyone that bloody dogs been involved with that hasn't bitten?

I do hope that you are going further with this information.

Tonight, some chap has messaged him and told him that he and his girlfriend had bought Pudsey from his original owners for £195 after seeing him advertised on Preloved.com,
Within 6hrs the dog attacked and bit his girlfriend twice, once in the car and later in the evening when he leapt up off the floor and attacked her on the sofa and latched onto her hand resulting in her receiving hospital treatment.
The couple contacted the original owners and took the dog back and demanded their money back, this was On the 9th April just two days before he was picked up and delivered to us on the 11th April before attacking us on the 12th April.

I do hope that you are going further with this information.

I phoned Essex Police last night,

They've added notes to the incident that I have new or additional info, but I am told there is still an ongoing investigation and its awaiting the attention of a dedicated 'Dangerous Dog Liason' Officer who deals with such cases as ours and advises wether the case should be referred to CPS (not going to happen as we're both victim and dog owner)

Another incident on the radio today two dogs attacked a little girl in Liverpool think they said dogs destroyed not sure? Just said not banned breads.

Can't believe this dog was given to you having just bitten someone, so the owners knew there was something wrong with him, hence selling him then calling the rescue people, really do hope the rescue centre are incompetent and didn't do a proper job rather than knowingly housing a dangerous dog with you.

I phoned Essex Police last night,

They've added notes to the incident that I have new or additional info, but I am told there is still an ongoing investigation and its awaiting the attention of a dedicated 'Dangerous Dog Liason' Officer who deals with such cases as ours and advises wether the case should be referred to CPS (not going to happen as we're both victim and dog owner)

Oh dear... Just when you think it couldn't get worse. Feel sorry for yourself, your wife and everybody else involved. Shame on spaniel aid.

Have heard from Essex Police today that Pudsey the ESS is to be returned to it owners SpanielAidUK

A situation that my wife and I find absolutely incredulous and distressing.

Pretty disgusted with SpanielAid UK who have shown little or no concern for us humans,

This doesn't seem to make sense to me how can you be the owners of the dog and yet plod has issued the dog back out to a now third-party, namely spaniel aid? Surely the dog is your property and you should have been consulted and involved in what happened to it. I love dogs and would go to any length to rehabilitate the dog but faced with a situation of having a really dangerous and unpredictable animal I would have no compunction to do the necessary and shoot it out of hand thus taking control of the situation and carving Spaniel aid out of the frame and stopping another unprovoked attack on another unsuspecting fosterer or a child potentially causing life changing injuries or even death. Edited by fortune

@ Fortune

It's partly to do with anomalies under the dangerous dog act.

Because it was not loose and out of control in a public place it does come under the act, because it's not one of the named breeds, it doesn't come under the act.

We are classed as the owners as the dog was in our care at the time, however the dog has been signed over to, OR, Sold to Spaniel Aid.

As I said in post #86 above, The Police have a dedicated officer who deals with these type of cases and he advises his superiors and in turn CPS (if prosecuting owners) and wether the Police put the case before a Magistrate to seek an order to Euthanise the dog.

Despite what anyone says, in this sort of situation a dog cannot be released, euthanised on any one individuals say so.

@ Fortune

It's partly to do with anomalies under the dangerous dog act.

Because it was not loose and out of control in a public place it does come under the act, because it's not one of the named breeds, it doesn't come under the act.

We are classed as the owners as the dog was in our care at the time, however the dog has been signed over to, OR, Sold to Spaniel Aid.

As I said in post #86 above, The Police have a dedicated officer who deals with these type of cases and he advises his superiors and in turn CPS (if prosecuting owners) and wether the Police put the case before a Magistrate to seek an order to Euthanise the dog.

Despite what anyone says, in this sort of situation a dog cannot be released, euthanised on any one individuals say so.

If it can't be released is it still in police custody/ Kennels? If not, how has it been issued back to spaniel aid without your say so or agreement seeing as you are the owners? I am confused.

Fortune:

Spaniel Aid are The Owners,

Because we were looking after the dog, in our own home, We're treated as if we were the owners at he time.

From what the Police said last night, the dog cannot just be released from kennels until

A : the investigation has run its course, which ordinarily would include both victim(s) and owners being interviewed/giving statements, any known history of the dog being gathered.

B: the Dangerous Dog Liason Officer has presented his findings & expert opinion to the Investigating Officer

C. Someone then will decide what action should be taken, be it a prosecution, a return of the dog or the seeking of a Magistrates Court order for destruction.

They apologised if someone previously had given the impression that the dog would just be given back.

Ah that makes sense now. How are you and your Mrs doing. That's more important. You've had a bit of a rough time lately. Better days ahead.

Yeah Sorry I may have given the wrong impression after I was given the wrong impression.

We're both healing up wound wise but the scarring on the edge of my hand is very sore still, Got hospital check up Thursday so I'll ask about it then.

Wife's face (right cheek) is quite remarkable job considering it looked like the wound on the back of hand, again time will be the great healer.

Emotionally, I suppose we're both now more wary of unknown dogs, even to some lesser degree, dogs known to us

But we went to look at the lab X pups and spent an hour just deciding if it was the right time, I had to watch for my wife's reaction and be sure it was right time for her, We both feel 'right' and a new pup will give us a fresh start and help put recent events behind us.

As of 14/05/17.

Have spoken to Police tonight and despite my protestations and those of the couple who purchased Pudsey from his original owners on 9th April and were attacked twice within 6hrs and so returned him to his original owners and demanded their money back.

Essex Police have 'negotiated' Pudsey's return to his owners Spaniel Aid UK within the next few days, supposedly he is going to live out his days on a rural farm location belonging to one of Spaniel Aids' Committee.

It is judged not to be in the 'Public interest' to prosecute anyone and there are no grounds or powers to seek a destruction order.

Myself and my wife would like to thank PW folks for reading my postings on this and appreciate the kind messages of concern / support

expressed.