AVB

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently izzadeen is in prison Sako

I was pretty sure he was too but i heard earlier today his name mentioned but waited till i saw more and a couple of reports saying it is.

It looks very like him so maybe folk are jumping the gun a bit.

Edited by sako751sg

Wikipedia (arab text version) says he died today.

Probably him....the photos match up.

Will wait for the apologists to explain why supporters of certain "faiths"* always seem to be the prime culprit in mass terror attacks.

* I class Islam as a political doctrine which has a religious smokescreen/front.

No mention on Sky about a second man, any update..?

Don't think Sky have a CT unit, so no need for them to be in the loop on active Met operations.

Earlier BBC reports also mentioned a 2nd assailant.

May be the case, may be identical reports from different eyewitnesses being scrambled up by mistake.

I'd be more concerned about who this blokes direct supporters are, and what they're presently doing (aside from popping metaphorical champagne corks)

A few early morning interviews without coffee in their future, methinks....

Sad loss for the 3 that have died and all others injured.

Can't believe with where the car crashed into the barriers and the amount of cctv that there as such confusion on whether there was 1 or 2 in the car.

Let's see what drivel they come out with after the cobra meeting tonight.

Don't think Sky have a CT unit, so no need for them to be in the loop on active Met operations.

Earlier BBC reports also mentioned a 2nd assailant.

May be the case, may be identical reports from different eyewitnesses being scrambled up by mistake.

I'd be more concerned about who this blokes direct supporters are, and what they're presently doing (aside from popping metaphorical champagne corks)

A few early morning interviews without coffee in their future, methinks....

Sky might not be in the loop, but I'd expect the assistant commissioner speaking to sky is

Can't believe with where the car crashed into the barriers and the amount of cctv that there as such confusion on whether there was 1 or 2 in the car.

Will this be after they have claimed dry cleaning bills having had to lie on the floor?

Will this be after putting in their dry cleaning bills for having to lie on the floor during their panic?

Having been marginally caught up in this incident today, what really scares me is the over whelming starsky and hutch style response to a minor incident and the impact this would caused if it were a distraction to the main event.. anyone Rememberthe harry Enfield 1950 football sketch?

In a city on a high alert the response was way too Dads army.

Of course my heart goes out to the injured and deceased of this cowardly attack.

I really hope that this isn't a test of the water as our emergency services are mo way near prepared. And why were people locked INSIDE high priority targets as a safety measure?

It still feels that the biggest defence against terrorism is their own stupidity which clearly isn't a long term solution

Having been marginally caught up in this incident today, what really scares me is the over whelming starsky and hutch style response to a minor incident and the impact this would caused if it were a distraction to the main event.. anyone Rememberthe harry Enfield 1950 football sketch?

Of course my heart goes out to the injured and deceased of this cowardly attack.

I really hope that this isn't a test of the water as our emergency services are mo way near prepared. And why were people locked INSIDE high priority targets as a safety measure?

It still feels that the biggest defence against terrorism is their own stupidity which clearly isn't a long term solution

I think our police know how to deal with 'minor' incidents such as this better than you. Muppet.

Wow. Are you genuine or not very bright ?

One scum of the earth, & three people dead, one a police officer dying in the course of their duty, 20 injured, some catastrophic, including three children, & that's a minor incident... :no:

Actually, the way these things are judged, it probably is, sad to say. What would have happened if instead of driving it into the railings he had used the car as a massive suicide bomb packed with explosives? Its scary how matter of fact these things can become. Tragic as it is he sold his life cheap compared to what he could have done.

I wouldn't begin to question our emergency services and trust their decisions but I do agree with the apparent stupidly and lack of thought by the attacker. I recognize the point of attacking Parliament but its also the most heavily Policed area in the UK I would have thought. It appears the second Police Officer he met was armed thankfully. How would this pan out on a busy day in your local town? School? Armed Police could be miles away. It doesn't bear thinking about.

My thoughts go to the families of those bereaved.

Actually, the way these things are judged, it probably is, sad to say. What would have happened if instead of driving it into the railings he had used the car as a massive suicide bomb packed with explosives? Its scary how matter of fact these things can become. Tragic as it is he sold his life cheap compared to what he could have done.

Agree.

Not a huge event on the scale of such things.

Check the US Embassy bombing, over 80 dead & 200+ severely wounded. Then Google other terrorist attacks; even within the last 12 months. France has been especially hard hit.

Today could have been MUCH worse.

It could also have been a probe to test real time responses/resources at that site. (as in the film Zulu, counting the guns)

Meeja reports only add to terrorist intel gathering for the most part. Not suggesting a D-Notice, but too much scrabbling around & conjecture doesn't help anyone either (apart from the Pulitzer nominees/advertising sales departments)

Sad day for the families of the bereaved. (Perversely probably a happy day for the family of the terrorist murderer!)

Edited by saddler

Everything is after the horse has bolted. This appears to be a situation where there was just one lone attacker using a knife and the car. There is no way that this can be totally defended against 100% all of the time. All we understand is that this was not a much more serious situation. The car could have been loaded with petrol and explosive and driven directly to the gate without running people over and crashed through the gate and detonated​ causing considerable distruction. The officers involved are brave and confront this evil but what is the point of saying that there will be more police out and about for a few days. What are they going to do apart from mill about. If there are more people involved in this incident then either they will be known and arrested or if unknown there isn't anything that can be done about them because they aren't known. It needs the radical terrorist threat that is eminating from Isis and other radicalised groups to be completely distroyed and the game stopped.

This Is how these atrocities, could be so common !!. In the mind - set of these deluded things. They don't need firearms or exsplosive devises

This could and will probably happen In any place In the uk as it did overseas.

It doesn't take a lot of planing to crush someone with a car or chib them.

My opinion on this, It will only escalate In your town or city. And there Is nothing that can be done In time.

Robert Peston has just been on the news praising the wonderful behavior of our magnificent MP's today! Heard a female MP earlier delighted with her own self importance at having closed a tube station. Tobias Ellwood deserves praise for giving CPR to the officer who sadly died. The rest should stick to what they do best. As has been said earlier,get ready for the avalanche of expense claims. Dry cleaning,wreaths,holidays to get over the stress etc..

There were some real hero's today and with the exception of Mr Ellwood they weren't MP's.