Shots outside parliament

AVB

The it would need one between the eyes at 10ft that would not be to hard.

Yes, it might be possible to shoot someone between the eyes if they are standing still and not running and weaving about and you are as calm as Dirty Harry in a gun fight but what happens in a busy shopping centre and you miss your target?

Edited by old'un

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm a bit fed up with the know alls over the W.W.W. But i did shed a tear or two last night.

What really boils my pi$$ is poorly victims lying all over the scene and many filming it on their phones in the hope of selling the images to the press. They should be bull whipped for not assisting.

I'm a bit fed up with the know alls over the W.W.W. But i did shed a tear or two last night.

What really boils my **** is poorly victims lying all over the scene and many filming it on their phones in the hope of selling the images to the press. They should be bull whipped for not assisting.

Did you see the guy behind that female minister who was explaining that she got the tube station shut down.Wish i has punch a vision, some footage may be useful to police, but i hope that anybody trying to benefit from such footage or post on YouTube or the likes be severely delt with.

Yes, it might be possible to shoot someone between the eyes if they are standing still and not running and weaving about and you are as calm as Dirty Harry in a gun fight but what happens in a busy shopping centre and you miss your target?

I now that it is not as simple as that but what I was getting at is it has to be better to have some form of defense against someone armed with a big knife a tazer is a bit hit and miss at best and again it would take a head shot to stop him if he had a big coat on.

They are saying on the news that it was a plane cloths personal protection guy for one of the ministers who just happened to there and he shot the bad guy one has to think if he had not been there how much further could the bad guy have got and how many more people could he have stabbed and killed.

Also struck by the calm and stoic response of the people in the area. No fuss or hysteria.

I wish that the media showed the same stoicism and calm.

The hyperbole of the reporting (some shamefully OTT nuggets on R4 of all places) does nothing to deter the terrorists.

Thoughts and prayers are with the dead and injured.

LS

My wife and I are visiting friends in Portland, Oregon at the moment, and only caught the news on US tv, so not much detail. I should have logged into PW earlier to get the inside story.

Was the murdered policeman not wearing a stab-vest?

There is general incomprehension here that he was unarmed. This is very much a gun-carrying culture. The friend that we are visiting routinely tucks a 2-shot 357 magnum Derringer in his waistband when we are out and took me to the Clackmanas county sheriff's public range so that I could shoot a Colt 45 1911 and his target pistol .22 automatic as well as a .22 10-shot revolver.

The officers there were discussing the atrocity and were all of the opinion that ALL the Parliamentary police should be armed.

It was very difficult to explain the UK policing ethos and that certainly my daughter and son-in-law (both coppers) would never want to be armed.

My wife and I are visiting friends in Portland, Oregon at the moment, and only caught the news on US tv, so not much detail. I should have logged into PW earlier to get the inside story.

Was the murdered policeman not wearing a stab-vest?

There is general incomprehension here that he was unarmed. This is very much a gun-carrying culture. The friend that we are visiting routinely tucks a 2-shot 357 magnum Derringer in his waistband when we are out and took me to the Clackmanas county sheriff's public range so that I could shoot a Colt 45 1911 and his target pistol .22 automatic as well as a .22 10-shot revolver.

The officers there were discussing the atrocity and were all of the opinion that ALL the Parliamentary police should be armed.

It was very difficult to explain the UK policing ethos and that certainly my daughter and son-in-law (both coppers) would never want to be armed.

I think the officer was wearing a stab vest, can't remember where i read it though. from Auntie.