New hw98s all zeroed in and suddenly gone off song.

hwr

As the title really. (Actually not as it should read 99s but can't find how to edit title 🙄)

I put about a hundred pellets through and dialled in the scope while running it in. Got it to about a 50 pence piece at 30 yds. Then suddenly it wouldn't hit an A4 piece of paper!

It did make some kind of greaseless dragging noise the last 10 reloads.

It was getting dark so I just gave up, I'm assuming I'm going to have to take it apart and apply some grease, but as it's brand new, I don't want to do that, so I guess I'll just take it back to the gun shop.

Is this common?

Do I have a dud?

Any body heard of similar things happening.

Thanks for any answers.

Hwr

Edited by hwr

😂 😂

You know I said it was dark

I'd add a picture if I could find out how, suffice to say the scope is walking off the back of the gun 🙄🙄🙄

At least it's an easy fix and my faith restored 👍

Lol

Doh!!

One piece dampa mount would be a wise mount to choose - I'm guessing that the HW also has the arrester holes along the top of the cylinder - you need to put the pin under the mount into one of these.

I'll have a look, the mounts looked sturdy enough, I didn't want to over tighten, I did line the pin up but it didn't seem a very positive lock, it now of course has disappeared 🙄.

Thanks H

Edited by hwr

I'd be more worried about the noise you heard. That sounds like the HW "galling" problem, lots of reports on forums if you look around.

It sounds a bit like all the grease has disappeared,hopefully on the cocking mechanism not the plunger.

I'm going past the shop I'll drop in.

Well after I've searched the forum.

Thanks

H