Lee reloading book

Might not be your cup of tea, but have a look at the Sierra Infinity Suite - I think the current version is number 7. I wouldn't be without mine but only use it for the ballistic calculator which is very comprehensive regarding the various facilities, but it does also have the various loading options for Sierra bullets. Highly recommended.

I received my lee reloading manual yesterday but when looking through the specs it doesn't have any rounds i can purchase.

I'm using sierra as I can purchase them locally.

Where the best place to find out the info please.

I've checked all over the web

Does the lee book not give loads for a bullet weight I don't see it matters if it's Nosler ,Berger, Sierra, or Hornady as long as the weight is the same

Deershooter

Does the lee book not give loads for a bullet weight I don't see it matters if it's Nosler ,Berger, Sierra, or Hornady as long as the weight is the same

Deershooter

+1 Doesn't matter who manufactures it provided they are all constructed the same way.

Lee is not complete - none of the manuals are - so you may find that your chosen powder is not shown for some bullet weights and some bullet weights that are avaialble for your calibre are also not shown. I have found Nosler's site to give good alternative loads. This is especially true with Viht powders. Viht's own website is very restricted in terms of powder/ bullet combinations. Nosler's lists some great Viht loads.

https://load-data.nosler.com/

Edited by LeadWasp

Also Nath - don't go for max speed with a powder, go for most accurate. So produce loads from lowest listed up in 0.5 gr increments, 5 rounds of each. Find the best grouping, then load 5 round batches each 0.1 gr increments either side of that sweet spot experimenting half way to the next lowest 0.5gr load anf the next highest 0.5gr load - if that makes sense. Shoot these and you should see a improvement in that initial sweetspot one of these loads.

The other thing you need to sort out is seating/jump. I think 30 thou off the lands is about right. You can drive youself mad experimenting with this later!!

Also Nath - don't go for max speed with a powder, go for most accurate. So produce loads from lowest listed up in 0.5 gr increments, 5 rounds of each. Find the best grouping, then load 5 round batches each 0.1 gr increments either side of that sweet spot experimenting half way to the next lowest 0.5gr load anf the next highest 0.5gr load - if that makes sense. Shoot these and you should see a improvement in that initial sweetspot one of these loads.

The other thing you need to sort out is seating/jump. I think 30 thou off the lands is about right. You can drive youself mad experimenting with this later!!

Although the rest of this also makes perfect sense, the Suite can also save time, effort and money by putting you in the ballpark. I found it to be quite accurate when loading 223 and 243, but there's always room for a fiddle.

Edit: Sorry, put up a table but it wouldn't tabulate and was unreadable. The table gives the best hunting load and most accurate load for the Sierra bullets of any given weight from quite a selection of various powders.

Edited by wymberley