'Gardening' Leave

AVB

I am on 'gardening leave' at the moment. Not allowed to work for another two months. I thought I might be ready for retirement but clearly I am not. Bored senseless. Not sure why they all it gardening leave as I don't like gardening. I am useless at DIY as well so that is out. The dog is getting plenty of exercise though. Might venture to a clay ground if I get desperate.

I've been on gardening leave, I was at a place that was closing but we still had to be available incase we were called in to do a job, got plenty of gardening done and sorted the next job whilst still being paid so it worked out.

Enjoy the time off so long as your getting money in the bank it's free holidays

I've been on gardening leave, I was at a place that was closing but we still had to be available incase we were called in to do a job, got plenty of gardening done and sorted the next job whilst still being paid so it worked out.

Enjoy the time off so long as your getting money in the bank it's free holidays

They have paid me in lieu of notice but am still not allowed to work for three months.

Priority,s max out your clay score,book a trip catch a Tope ,visit Normandy Beaches,see the Northern lights in Iceland or Norway .Shoot a wild boar ,have another track day on Ferrari or Lambo,s 355i was amazing but there,s new toys out there .

Go to Scotland visit the family and see the Edinburgh vaults ,Ben Nevis ,and the Lake district no time to be bored get out there your a long time dead

I was just going to say the same as old un, I was working before my official redundancy date but I'm only a machinist guessing if your in banking that your on a different kind of contract but u could go with what clakk said whilst sorting your next role he certainly sold the idea to me!

I semi retired at 50 working 24hrs per week then at 52 (16hrs),53 (12) and now at 54 (6hrs). If i eel like it i will go in on a Monday (summer usually) and get my 6hrs in so I can fish the rest of the week.But in the winter I might pop in and do two 3hr shifts..Got the option to finish altogether in October when I'm 55.But the Office is moving in 2020 so might just stay on till then.

Wouldn't want to ever go back to full time,we work far to hard in the UK.

Edited by Davyo

A family friend had to do twelve months before they could work in the same industry again. Ive got no idea how they managed.

A schoolfriend retired and within three months had gone back to work. Mind you he was in his mid to late twenties so perhaps a tad young to stop completely.

A family friend had to do twelve months before they could work in the same industry again. Ive got no idea how they managed.

A schoolfriend retired and within three months had gone back to work. Mind you he was in his mid to late twenties so perhaps a tad young to stop completely.

I had a clause with an ex company stating I couldn't work for the same industry for 12 months after leaving.

A new company wanted to employ me and a few others and had their solicitors look over the contract and said it wouldn't hold up in court. They employed us and we had no problems.

Feel rather sorry for people who say they get bored not going to work, I am 27 and would happily quit work tomorrow if had money still coming in. Dad retired from the police at 50 and he is loving it still 10 years on.

Have you considered restoring something? Old tractor, piece of furniture maybe to keep you busy?

I was hoping for some at the end of last year but alas no I managed a week of leave and one day technically unemployed! Did a bit round the house went shooting that was about it! Since then I have become a workaholic...... need to sort the balance out