Alternative to CPSA

Rupert

They're shocking compared to the rest of Europe and Americas clay shooting orgs. I wasn't going to renew this year but same as Willpoon need to to shoot some comps.

Its my understanding that you can shoot the comps without the membership.Am i mistaken?

Was a CPSA member for many years and qualified as Ref & Safety officer. Ran a small clay shoot which also had other members but when we had a problem with clay contaminating rape crop they would not reply to repeated emails, would not return phone calls or help in any way. Sent all certificates back and told them where to stuff their organisation but they still did not have the balls to contact me. Worse that useless. And total waste of cash.

BASC could not have been more different, returned a phone call with offers of help and advice really helpfull

Is there one? The Collect Pounds Shaft All have racked me off this week,is there a scottish one?

Yes there is the SCTA in Scotland. I think you can shoot any registered shoot as a member of any of the home organisations. You absolutely can shoot the majors.

Sadly this is becoming far too regularly heard.

The cheapest alternative is The Ulster Clay Pigeon Shooting Association, you can also use Welsh WCTSA or Scots SCTSA which will enable you to shoot registered and Nationals.

Stimo , you should have not sent your certificates back to CPSA HQ, they are bound to lose them and should you wish to resume you will have pay and take all courses again.

Only yesterda I spoke to a member who has done the safety officers course and the one day workshop 5 years ago and now would like to do the Coaching Course .He contacted CPSA HQ who informed him that due to the time lapse he needs to do both courses again to enable him to do the coaching course.

He has found an alternative organisation to train him at considerably less cost to a far higher standard .

Sadly this is becoming far too regularly heard.

The cheapest alternative is The Ulster Clay Pigeon Shooting Association, you can also use Welsh WCTSA or Scots SCTSA which will enable you to shoot registered and Nationals.

Stimo , you should have not sent your certificates back to CPSA HQ, they are bound to lose them and should you wish to resume you will have pay and take all courses again.

Only yesterda I spoke to a member who has done the safety officers course and the one day workshop 5 years ago and now would like to do the Coaching Course .He contacted CPSA HQ who informed him that due to the time lapse he needs to do both courses again to enable him to do the coaching course.

He has found an alternative organisation to train him at considerably less cost to a far higher standard .

Do any of these members have there scores recorded by cpsa allowing the averages/classes functionality?

Do any of these members have there scores recorded by cpsa allowing the averages/classes functionality?

Not sure about the SCTA but there are loads of WCTA members with recorded scores and CPSA classifications, but if you want to shoot for England then it has to be CPSA, even if you're Welsh.

The cpsa are special.

I have no issues with them it is what it is. I want to shoot competitions so I'll have to stick with them.

Pretty much like gas safe to do with work. Take your money and don't want to help you out or Peruse the big boys. Scared of them

The cpsa are special.

I have no issues with them it is what it is. I want to shoot competitions so I'll have to stick with them.

Pretty much like gas safe to do with work. Take your money and don't want to help you out or Peruse the big boys. Scared of them

My gripe with them, and it has been for years is that I used to be a full member and as I only shot at Bywell I wanted to change to a Clubman membership, they said no, you have to leave and rejoin in 12 months as a Clubman (It's changed now and you can change straight away.)

I chased this load of tosh up the food chain until I got fed up, 12 months after cancelling they rang me and asked if I still wanted Clubman membership,

That's when we fell out over their stupidity of losing a member for 12 months and expecting me to rejoin....

I hear so much negativity over the whole organisation.

:shaun:

They run a list.

Yeah there's some free insurance but that policy is probably £3 a head to write on large scale terms.

So that's it; there's the list and the insurance which anyone could probably get tacked onto any household policy for a fiver or which they will already have via BASC / NRA / CA membership.