Alternative to CPSA

Rupert

CPSA have licence revocation insurance now. Not sure anyone else has that any more. I can't say I am bothered as I am not at personal risk of losing my licence, but they do seem to have got better regarding the insurance recently. Would like to hear from any recent claiments though.

I'd like to hear them shouting out loud for our sport and being proactive like BASC and the FITASC federation is in France for their sport. Instead the CPSA sit back take your money and register your score and work out your averages for a classification, publish the grounds and what's on as that's what the ground are paying them for advertising. When was the last time they actually helped someoneyou know of.

Shame more grounds didn't just open the comps up and not bother with the CPSA.

Why not set up something 'unofficial' in competition. If it's any good the CPSA will eventually die off through lack of subs and the new organisation take over.

It appears that no one has a good word to say about them, there is a massive body of clay target shooters but not many willing to try and organise an alternative.

Just a thought (clay shooting isn't my bag but I can empathise with the frustration that an ineffectual organisation creates).

I've been shooting for a little while now, and *ought* to register with CPSA, but I've resisted so far, because of all the stories I've read so far on them...

So, perhaps I'm a minority, but it *does* have an impact as they haven't got my money so far ;-)

I've been shooting for a little while now, and *ought* to register with CPSA, but I've resisted so far, because of all the stories I've read so far on them...

So, perhaps I'm a minority, but it *does* have an impact as they haven't got my money so far ;-)

So, who are you insured with then?

That's a very good reason for joining the CPSA, or indeed BASC or a number of other organisations .

I suppose if you're just a "fun" shooter who doesn't want to shoot many major events alongside Digweed and other top shots, that's fine, you don't need everything else that goes with CPSA membership, but if you're serious about achieving anything in the sport, you have to be a member, it's that simple, no "ifs" or "buts".

The usual waffle comes out from time to time about setting up a breakaway organisation, but what most people don't realise is that it's been tried before, it went nowhere, and the Guy that set it up subsequently ended up as the CEO of the CPSA, how about that for a classic "Poacher turned Gamekeeper"..?

The sport of clay shooting is currently undergoing a bit of a boom, with loads of new people coming into the sport, all very happy to pay over £40 for a 100 bird registered Sporting, because they don't know any better.

I don't think that this revival has anything to do with the CPSA, but they should be reaping the benefits of all these new members, all eager to get classified and then shoot the English or British Opens, but they never seem to get it quite right, with a seemingly never ending "churn" of resignations, new Directors and expensive litigation with former members with more chips on their shoulders than Harry Ramsden...?

All in all, a bit like the current state of BASC..?

It's interesting to compare the CPSA with their counterpart in France, the FFBT.

They both have a similar membership of around 25,000, but, whilst the CPSA have a current staff list of 15 paid employees, (excluding Directors), the FFBT has, (so I'm told), a total of only 4 full time paid employees.

An interesting comparison perhaps, but it has to be said the CPSA has a much better website, with far more info on the sport than the FFBT website.

Club membership is not compulsory in the UK, as it is in France, you can't enter a French "major" without being a club member and a FFBT member.

The CPSA are far from perfect, but I do feel that however hard they tried, even offering free lottery tickets and beer at all shoots, there are still plenty who would moan, it's human nature I suppose..?

Cat. :cool1:

So, who are you insured with then?

That's a very good reason for joining the CPSA, or indeed BASC or a number of other organisations .

I suppose if you're just a "fun" shooter who doesn't want to shoot many major events alongside Digweed and other top shots, that's fine, you don't need everything else that goes with CPSA membership, but if you're serious about achieving anything in the sport, you have to be a member, it's that simple, no "ifs" or "buts".

The usual waffle comes out from time to time about setting up a breakaway organisation, but what most people don't realise is that it's been tried before, it went nowhere, and the Guy that set it up subsequently ended up as the CEO of the CPSA, how about that for a classic "Poacher turned Gamekeeper"..?

The sport of clay shooting is currently undergoing a bit of a boom, with loads of new people coming into the sport, all very happy to pay over £40 for a 100 bird registered Sporting, because they don't know any better.

I don't think that this revival has anything to do with the CPSA, but they should be reaping the benefits of all these new members, all eager to get classified and then shoot the English or British Opens, but they never seem to get it quite right, with a seemingly never ending "churn" of resignations, new Directors and expensive litigation with former members with more chips on their shoulders than Harry Ramsden...?

All in all, a bit like the current state of BASC..?

It's interesting to compare the CPSA with their counterpart in France, the FFBT.

They both have a similar membership of around 25,000, but, whilst the CPSA have a current staff list of 15 paid employees, (excluding Directors), the FFBT has, (so I'm told), a total of only 4 full time paid employees.

An interesting comparison perhaps, but it has to be said the CPSA has a much better website, with far more info on the sport than the FFBT website.

Club membership is not compulsory in the UK, as it is in France, you can't enter a French "major" without being a club member and a FFBT member.

The CPSA are far from perfect, but I do feel that however hard they tried, even offering free lottery tickets and beer at all shoots, there are still plenty who would moan, it's human nature I suppose..?

Cat. :cool1:

I will not get into which association is the better, for my sins I belong to CPSA, BASC and APSI.

For me the most important thing you have said Cat is :- "So, who are you insured with then?"

I am seeing more and more shooters that do not belong to any of the Associations (not the most important thing) but when asked, have no insurance.

I understand that I am digressing, but it is a very important point you have made Catamong :yes:

I will not get into which association is the better, for my sins I belong to CPSA, BASC and APSI.

For me the most important thing you have said Cat is :- "So, who are you insured with then?"

I am seeing more and more shooters that do not belong to any of the Associations (not the most important thing) but when asked, have no insurance.

I understand that I am digressing, but it is a very important point you have made Catamong :yes:

If you (HEAVEN FORBID!) needed to make a claim, which policy would you claim off?