First Pigeon shoot.

Snoozer

If there in the rafters and fairly close be careful which pellet you use as you don't want to punch holes in the roof,

also watch how the horses react if there getting agitated you will be as well stopping and trying to shoot the pigeons away from the stables they will normally land somewhere close for a look before they dive in.

Guessing there freaks so take a bag to dispose of the bodies afterwards and some disposable gloves or find a handy shovel

Enjoy

lol

Yer they be feral, wild, freaks.

I'll be guided by the chap that asked as he will be popping at them with me :)

I asked if i needed anything in addition to the canon and he said a lamp with a red filter would be helpful, Damm need a lamping kit by next wednesday lol like that's gonna happen.

I'm gonna phone Optic Fire monday and ask nicely if they can express one out to me and fingers crossed.

Looking at one of these to start with see how i get on, Don't think this will be a regular thing so don't want to spend to much.

https://opticfire.co.uk/collections/opticfire-gun-light-scope-mount-lamping-kits/products/xc-50-deluxe-led-lamping-kit?variant=33378730250

Pretty sure you could get something cheaper that but while you can lamp rabbits rats foxes not sure if it's legal to use a lamp or artificial illumination to shoot birds, could be wrong but seem to remember something along those lines??

Can you get a head torch with a filter? Or look on here at some of the torch threads £80 seems steep if your not thinking you will use it much

Pretty sure you could get something cheaper that but while you can lamp rabbits rats foxes not sure if it's legal to use a lamp or artificial illumination to shoot birds, could be wrong but seem to remember something along those lines??

Can you get a head torch with a filter? Or look on here at some of the torch threads £80 seems steep if your not thinking you will use it much

Quote taken from the latest GL for England -

For feral pigeons only, you can also use:

• a device to illuminate a target
  • sighting devices for night shooting
  • mirrors, lighting or other dazzling device

Hope this helps,,,, and good luck Snoozer :good:

As for using a lamp,,,, doesn't the owner have a hand-held lamp you could use and share, and take turns with the shooting ? Only a suggestion for another option ;)

Lovely clean looking bit of kit you've got there Snoozer :good: Good luck on the pigeons, and don't go scratching that nice stock ;)

Cheers.

Only managed 1 tonight as they appeared to have got wind of the impending Brexit and done a runner :no:

No scratches..............Yet :)