proper cartridges

Hi figgy stone dead is the name on the 32 gm #6 plaswad cartridge not on the box itself

A really hard hitting cartridge i used a slab of these and for me they seem to out perform rc sipe, victory starlights, and clear pigeon all 32 gm #6 plaswad which is my go to cartridge for most stuff i shoot with the exception of wildfowl off course :good:

I spelled it the same as the topic title. I've seen some good birds shot with Proper carts, some myself years ago with Proper Snipes in Marroon cases. 32g 5.5 shot.

Confidence in your carts and knowing if you do your bit they will drop them is one less thing to worry about. Not many truest bad game carts around these days, just some suit your shooting style better than others.

Edited by figgy

Confidence in your carts and knowing if you do your bit they will drop them is one less thing to worry about. Not many truest bad game carts around these days, just some suit your shooting style better than others.

Massive respect for George setting up a business to make his own cartridges, but why are they considered better than commercial products? I have used clear pigeons for years and they do the job just fine for me, and are priced well.

If they are considerably cheaper i get it but otherwise as figgy says if you do your job and get the gun on the target does it really matter?

Not in any way knocking the product just interested in people's motivation for using that's all.

Been saying this for a while, wingman. The maker claims they are made using the "world's best components". Truth is, they are the same components that anyone can use.

Nothing wrong with the cartridges, but not worthy of any special mention.

Been saying this for a while, wingman. The maker claims they are made using the "world's best components". Truth is, they are the same components that anyone can use.

Nothing wrong with the cartridges, but not worthy of any special mention.

Can't disagree....the only thing which will see one make of cartridge sell over any other is price!

It's because they are so nearly the same that they market in the way they do.

for example express has just introduced a new super comp, available in good gun shops, and they say it has a 20mm high nickel head for improved performance would love to see the ballistics that confirm a nickel head gives any meaningful, if any, enhanced performance more than a brass head. Or even the length of the brass head makes a real world improvement to performance.

If it does then why not print a comparison chart on the box showing velocity and pressure with the nickel head vs brass head.

Lots of manufactures all fighting for the same customers, all trying to come up with a unique selling point.

Edited by rbrowning2

If your on form nigh on any cart will do, if your not no cart will make your scores better.

If they are made with same size shot doing the same sort of speeds they will hit with the same impact. Powderburn rates and wad choice will depend on if you think it kicks or not.

If you like your chosen pigeon cart use it for game I would. I used to love the original Kent Velocity 30g 6 and would use them on everything. The newer ones are bout the same.

Although I use Proper Cartridges it's a personal preference to support business that I know rather than a gun shop that seem to be not bothered if you buy or not. Gorge and Jo work hard at their business with personal deliveries if they can. DB used to work next to Lyevale when they had a factory in Birmingham and they would not help even if you requested 20K.

I'm of an age that used to use Baikal cartridges at £70.00 a thousand they were a basic Russian Shell that hit hard and did the job and cheap.

Cartridges are like all things in life you choose the ones you like similar to Beer, food, cars and women, you takes your choice and stick with it.

Although I use Proper Cartridges it's a personal preference to support business that I know rather than a gun shop that seem to be not bothered if you buy or not. Gorge and Jo work hard at their business with personal deliveries if they can. DB used to work next to Lyevale when they had a factory in Birmingham and they would not help even if you requested 20K.

I'm of an age that used to use Baikal cartridges at £70.00 a thousand they were a basic Russian Shell that hit hard and did the job and cheap.

Cartridges are like all things in life you choose the ones you like similar to Beer, food, cars and women, you takes your choice and stick with it.

Problem there is that nothing stays the same.

Back along before it changed hands, Lyalvale couldn't have been more helpful and did me a special order for just 2000 Supreme Game 28g in 6.5s. They must have thought that this was a good idea as sometime later they added this load to their range.

My little AyA loves High Pheasant in 7s. Not any more it doesn't - well, won't when I've used up the last 450.

+1