Thinking about a divorce

rimfire4969

My wife of 21 years said she would cook me a bit of bacon and egg this morning while I was walking the dog, I was over the moon. I had a lovely walk in the gorgeous sunshine down to the beach, when I walked back there was some bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms waiting for me. I gave the wife a peck on the cheek and said thank you. All was good.

That was until I tried the slightly odd looking bacon. Very puzzled and without wanting to offend the good lady after her effort I asked where the bacon was from only to be told she bought some ******* turkey bacon as its lower in fat!

Now I raise my own pigs and cure my own bacon so I do know bacon and this stuff is ******* ****.

Turkey BACON !!!! I just asked er if she had heard of the substance. I've just been told that I have consumed some of this stuff in the past??? I have no knowledge of this. Anyway I asked her what it was like and she said that I said that it was: well we don't appear to have had any in my living memory. How do you get anything resembling bacon from a turkey? We don't even have Turkey at Christmas. Dry chaff.

Edited by fortune

• 4 weeks later...

The wife loves this stuff :sick::sick: Myself I like proper back bacon with the rind still on :good::good: And I like my eggs: whites cooked but runny yoke. On the rare occasion she eats pork bacon she trims everything off it, only plus side is i get extra fat :yes:

If the fat is crispy, you couldn't pay me to give it away.

One i see alot and leads to shaking of the head is carefully patting bacon with kitchen towel to remove fat as lard/dripping is supposedly unhealthy and then putting 1/2 a tub of margarine on the roll..... just put the bacon covered in dripping straight onto the roll, add a dash of your favourite condiment and voila.

Edited by Stonepark

• 3 weeks later...