Clay shooting experience for work colleagues.

Hi.

I am hoping to arrange a clay shooting experience for a group of work colleagues after one or two expressed an interest, but am not sure how to go about it. :hmm:

Should I contact a ground direct for a price, or go via Groupon or similar ?? I don't do as much clay shooting as I would like, but when I do I shoot at Cloudside, Cheshire, which is always very busy with novices on these experiences each Saturday. I don't want to send out an email asking for people to register their interest until I have got some idea of a price, but people will understandably not want to commit themselves until they know the likely cost. Has anyone else organised anything like this?

Any advice/thoughts appreciated...

Hi.

I am hoping to arrange a clay shooting experience for a group of work colleagues after one or two expressed an interest, but am not sure how to go about it. :hmm:

Should I contact a ground direct for a price, or go via Groupon or similar ?? I don't do as much clay shooting as I would like, but when I do I shoot at Cloudside, Cheshire, which is always very busy with novices on these experiences each Saturday. I don't want to send out an email asking for people to register their interest until I have got some idea of a price, but people will understandably not want to commit themselves until they know the likely cost. Has anyone else organised anything like this?

Any advice/thoughts appreciated...

Try Catton Hall at Frodsham - See their website - nice people and venue - much prefer it to cloudside - also MCSC at Worsley both specialize in these things

I made an enquiry similar to what you are after, for a few pals of mine last November at a clay ground in Wales.

If I remember correctly, it was around £50/head and that got you 25 clays in the morning, bacon sandwiches/burgers, tea/coffee, and a small competition afterwards with trophies.

All equipment and cartridges provided with qualified coaching.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Catton @ Frodsham have a nice setup for this sort of thing, good access and very nice parking/clubhouse - if I remember correctly, Saturday's they don't have any competitions/open practice but do open for taster sessions/corporate events.

MCSC @ Worsley is a bit less polished in terms of presentation they're also open Friday afternoons and late on Wednesdays from May which might make an "after work" option possible. I do the bulk of my clay shooting here, even though it's a bit further from me than Catton (albeit I wish Catton had an evening practice in the summer as it's only 10-15 mins from where I work).

Personally, if I was taking clients or folk that I just thought wanted a day out, I'd likely go for the polish of Catton but if colleagues I thought they might take up shooting then introduce them to MCSC as I feel there's more opportunity for some continuity if they wanted to do more on a solo basis.

If you want something less formal, then I know an instructor who sets up a few traps in a nice bit of the Cheshire countryside, typically on Sundays, and does intro sessions for small groups. Zero pressure from other shooters being around and a bit less formulaic than the clubs. Happy to PM his details if you want.

Edited by SxS

Thanks for the comments and ideas, guys - much appreciated. :good: Will look at those other potential venues. I've emailed Cloudside twice now but not had any reply - if they don't want the business they won't get it. For a clay ground that ''provides undeniably the best clay shooting in the north west of England'' according to their website, I find it incredible that they don't answer business queries promptly, and I find their website pretty boring too, so may well go elsewhere.