New buyer

Mackenzie

I'm looking at getting a PCP air rifle for dispatching rabbit's and pigeon's i want something that is affordable but reliable. I was looking at a Gamo Coyote as that's in the price range i want to spend any advice would be appreciated

Edited by Mackenzie

Don't buy new buy a used rifle much better value and get more for your money.

What is your budget as PCP need Dive cylinder or pump both about same cost.

I was looking at £450 max really. Are second hand ones not a bit of a risk because you don't know how well they have looked after all of the valves and stuff

I'm sure you didn't mean to but it does sound a bit disrespectful towards your quarry, we don't need to fuel the anti field sports brigade.

Now back to your question, buy secondhand but not cheap secondhand, generally if a gun looks well looked after without any screw heads messed up from wannabe gun tuners, or added after market "up grades", then usually a service can sort most problems out. Buy something common and not unique then parts and servicing should be easy to source if needed, go for anything in the BSA or Air Arms range in my opinion as they haven't sold thousands of PCP's for being unreliable. :)

I use a .22 BSA Ultra to despatch pest species on my permission.

BTW

Blasting sounds like your wanting to stand in a field taking pot shots at anything that hops by.

Control, despatch or just plain old shoot would be less controversial words.

Not having a go, just offering some advice, take it or leave it.