Bidet

steve_b_wales

I want to fit a 'portable' Bidet on my parents toilet, as they are getting old (80's) and are struggling in that department. There's a few on the market that can be connected to a water supply and is basically a pressure controlled hose, which is what they are looking for.

Has anyone got one or fitted one in the past?

The last one we fitted was called a Jaxikit 😂

Just remember you need a hot and cold feed so can't tap it into the feed for the WC. Well you can but might be a very refreshing experience!

A cold water feed will be fine for them, even though it will feel cold! The one we had in our hotel in Egypt was connected to the cold supply, but was okay to use.

What you need is one of those Japanese loos a bit expensive though you do your poo then press a button and it shoots worm water up to wash your bum then it blows worm air to dry everything. Cunning these Japanese why did we not think of doing that like putting starters and indicators on motorbikes we could or should have done that.

What you need is one of those Japanese loos a bit expensive though you do your poo then press a button and it shoots worm water up to wash your bum then it blows worm air to dry everything. Cunning these Japanese why did we not think of doing that like putting starters and indicators on motorbikes we could or should have done that.

Damned if I'd ever want anything to do with worms blown up my bum!

Those Japs are just damned evil.

The Japanese ones also play music to mask the 'other' sounds! Doesn't bother most blokes but apparently women are sensitive to that sort of thing.

I want to fit a 'portable' Bidet on my parents toilet, as they are getting old (80's) and are struggling in that department. There's a few on the market that can be connected to a water supply and is basically a pressure controlled hose, which is what they are looking for.

Has anyone got one or fitted one in the past?

Clos o mat . Warm water wash & warm air blow dry .

Not cheap but will keep your folks clean and tidy .

Replaces the old loo and needs leccy

Edited by cuffy

Really weird this thread has come up as 2 weeks ago I had to create a boxing under a sink where my plumber mate put a hose on it in a downstairs loo. The chap had disability problems and wanted the hose to use whilst sitting on the loo. Only cold water though :-/

The hose was attached to the cold feed under sink, came through the side of boxing panel and connected to a shut off tap which was mounted to the panel. The hose had a lever tap on the end. Quite powerful and you are likely to become a human fountain. I didn't stay around for the chap to test if it worked properly.

I have seen many a bathroom with a handheld mains fed mater jet next to the pan, very common in other parts of the world (mostly in homes owned by Asian families) like a mini shower head.

https://www.rubberduckbathrooms.co.uk/sagittarius-deluxe-slimline-trigger-set?source=googlebase&kw=pla-259475729273&fl=1000&ci=139214029390&network=pla&gclid=CNfPhdnS_NICFUQq0wodccIMpA

This may be an option:

http://www.disabled-toilets-uk.co.uk/bidet-toilet-seat---electronic-fixed-controller-455-p.asp

Edited by HDAV

The Japanese ones also play music to mask the 'other' sounds! Doesn't bother most blokes but apparently women are sensitive to that sort of thing.

the British version would have to play "Bat out of hell"....to mask "other " sounds over here

or for a sloooowww satisfying performance....the first track off "the dark side of the moon" pink floyd album....................

Edited by ditchman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...