New Clear Pigeon?

Just flicked through the Sporting Shooter and on the last page is an advert for another revamped Clear Pigeon cartridge from Gamebore. At least they look like they have made a clear case for them this time. Be interesting to see if they are any different from the current black cased ones.

Can't find anything about the new new new Gamebore Clear Pigeon.

I remember the older versions with fondness. Everyone used them because they were spot on. I think i'm correct in saying Gamebore loaded the same shell for the foreign market.

I also don't like the black cased model. Good riddance.

Bodham1.jpg

wildgame.jpg

Edited by Whitebridges

• 1 month later...

I went to get some on Friday and asked the gun shop owner about them and he didn't even know a new one was coming out. He taken delivery of a 100 slabs of clear pigeon so said let's go and see. Low and behold they were the old black ones 😕

Im still using the old, clear with blue writting, only use them on the roost as they are so blumming good and consistent. i was given a number of boxes of the black ones. i couldnt hit a thing with them. had the same with my go to hide cartridge. now SGC have saked off then trust bag of cr@# im happy with the eley ones as im back to hitting birds, and at stupid distances, but then i use 3/4 of tighter.

as for the clear pigeon. im not using any of them black things ever again.

Yep - im another one ditching gamebore...

Just finished the last of the 1000 I previously bought,did quite a few test patterns over the 1k, anything less than full choke was proper hit & miss. The wad was the most accurate part of the load a lot of the time 🤔

I think if Gamebore reverted back to the old cases and packaging, yet didn't change the components, I bet people would start saying how good they are....

Not this people- I've never used the old cased ones. But I can confirm very erratic patterns from the current version. If its a quiet day on the birds I always do a bit of pattening.