Armsan a612 & mobil chokes

EMT

I wonder if anyone can help. After reading lots of posts on here the general advice seemed to be that Beretta mobil chokes will fit the armsan a612.

I have just bought a Beretta mobil choke and whilst it looks absolutely identical it just wont fit. It only goes into the barrel about a third of the way and stops. Even a bit of gentle persuasion didn't help. The choke looks undamaged and is perfectly round. I have checked the barrel is clean and free from obstructions.

All the chokes supplied with the gun just slide straight in up to the thread and screw in just fine. Has anyone else had the same issue or is it just me.

I purchased the gun new a couple of years ago and it just sat in my cabinet and i never used it.

Edited by EMT

i have carlson mobil chokes in my armsan a620,no issues with any of them,i would suggest choke not machined correctly.

I think you may be right. I will take the gun and chokes to a tame rfd tomorrow and try some different chokes.

Well tried various other mobil chokes today in the shop and they all fitted perfectly so it was just that one that must have been machined incorrectly. I bought a teaque extended full in the end.

Thanks for all your help folks.

• 1 year later...

HI GUYS.

I can confirm that today based on these reports, i fitted an extended Bertta / Mobil 12G choke to my Armsan A Challenge -  firing slug for PSG diciplines.  I wanted an open choke, so ordered cylinder.

Ordered from GMK who sent it that day, received next day.  less than 24hrs later!.  So thanks for the heads up info

https://www.gmk.co.uk/shop/12ga-+-50mm-hunting-mobilchoke-(ext)/11  ...excellent service.  01489 579999