So I just put down a deposit on a ...

duke748

I love Brownings. You made a good choice.

I hope so. Reading a few threads on rain killing the stock finish and rust, along with the general consensus that Browning customer services are awful certainly put some doubts in my mind.

But have also seen similar for Beretta and Miroku in various forums.

Price compares well to the new models given the 16% hike in price.

Latest stock from Browning is now circa £2650 for them.

Glad I got it at the old price

I hope so. Reading a few threads on rain killing the stock finish and rust, along with the general consensus that Browning customer services are awful certainly put some doubts in my mind.

But have also seen similar for Beretta and Miroku in various forums.

Price compares well to the new models given the 16% hike in price.

Latest stock from Browning is now circa £2650 for them.

Glad I got it at the old price

There's a new product on the market made by Napier, I believe, which when put on a stock, protects it from rain etc.

EDIT:

Here's the link: http://www.napieruk.com/acatalog/Stock-Shield-4764.html

I don't think that is an inherent problem with browning guns they all have their niggles. Unfortunately it's a fact that today's manufacturers are more commercially focused than on customer service so I doubt you would get any better service from the likes of Beretta or their importers. The best advice is build a relationship with a good gun shop (and there are some awful ones so beware) and then if you have any issues get them to sort it.

Lovely guns the 725 and personally i would chose browning any day.

There's a new product on the market made by Napier, I believe, which when put on a stock, protects it from rain etc.

EDIT:

Here's the link: http://www.napieruk.com/acatalog/Stock-Shield-4764.html

Or just use renaissance wax and use it both on the woodwork and metal https://www.amazon.co.uk/renaissance-wax/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Arenaissance%20wax

Don't do it get your money back.

I love my 725 s3 black it shoots awesome but get your money back and get a better gun with a better warranty.

Sorry to burst the bubble. But after being stiffed over for £2300 by Browning over a rusty gun I will voice my opinion. They are prize *(?*#

Edited by kingo15

Don't do it get your money back.

I love my 725 s3 black it shoots awesome but get your money back and get a better gun with a better warranty.

Sorry to burst the bubble. But after being stiffed over for £2300 by Browning over a rusty gun I will voice my opinion. They are prize *(?*#

Your's was one of the threads I read... Have devoured threads on Berettas, Brownings, Miroku etc they seem to have issues with Q.C. - 692's breaking in two, faulty ejectors - Rusty Brownings & Miroku ( Same Factory I guess )

I was hankering for a CG Summit Ascent but it just didn't feel right - RFD's said it didn't suit in the two shops i mounted them in..

What was the outcome of your complaint with Browning? - Don't think you posted on that.

Your's was one of the threads I read... Have devoured threads on Berettas, Brownings, Miroku etc they seem to have issues with Q.C. - 692's breaking in two, faulty ejectors - Rusty Brownings & Miroku ( Same Factory I guess )

I was hankering for a CG Summit Ascent but it just didn't feel right - RFD's said it didn't suit in the two shops i mounted them in..

What was the outcome of your complaint with Browning? - Don't think you posted on that.

After several months of complaining and being pushed from pilar to post in various countries they basically said tough. It doesnt effect the working of the gun.

We noticed today where i have to keep cleaning the rust in the serial number and safety catch/ barrel selector the blacking is rubbing away.

Im very surprised the cg doesn't fit you as thats one of the guns ive tried and liked, when i was toying with the idea of getting rid of the s3 black

Good luck Duke hope you enjoy your gun.

Shame you got a bad one Kingo, seems if you make enough of something there's going to be the occasional wrongun however, there is No excuse for bad customer service. It's the easiest way to ruin a reputation.

Or just use renaissance wax and use it both on the woodwork and metal https://www.amazon.co.uk/renaissance-wax/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Arenaissance%20wax

That wax is really good. Love the fact that after cleaning my barrels, and dabbing some over them and polishing it in, that they're now glossy and fingerprint-proof.

A hard buff into the stock has transformed the look. Looks really glossy now