AYA yeoman o/u ejectors

Azz.Parker

Is there no you tube videos ?

I used to have one for my son but never removed the ejectors. Try spraying cleaning oil or WD40 in them and work them in and out it will flush all the crud out and gummed up oil and grease.

Have s look when you push it in if it has a gap where you can turn it out of its channel like a Beretta or if you just tap it out from back to front.

Edited by figgy

Not like the Beretta . If memory serves there is a sprung cam in the front of the barrel wing . Ease the pressure of the extractor push the cam up and the extractor should slide ot . Beast if the barrels are held in a well padded vice .

Edited by Gunman

Well that is an hour of my life I won't get back! I have compressed the ejector and twisted, pushed, pulled, sworn, made deals with any god that will listen, offered my soul to the devil, sworn more and given up.... if anyone can show me via pictures - that would really help!!

Azz, its the sort of thing that I could show you in 10 seconds if the barrels were in front of me . Problem is it isn't and as there are numerous mechanisms it is not always easy to remember specifics .If you could put up a picture of the barrel lump then I could advise you better . Sorry if I got it wrong .

I had a look online and Gunman I'm sure I know the sort of cam your talking of. Is it similar to a Winchester ejector removal ? Remove the cam from the end of the barrel flats and then the ejector slides out.

Most are quite easy by looking at what retains the ejector.

post-15874-0-24442600-1491151116_thumb.png

Edited by figgy

There you go I found one online to zoom into for you.

You can see the cam sat over the ejector slide. Try pushing the ejector back in and turn the cam down it should allow the ejector to slide out, watch the spring though let it off slow and easy.

Yes you got it. Just don't let the ejector fly out under spring pressure release it slowly as you want to keep the spring to go back in. I prefer to use a thin smear of greas on my ejectors when refitting them. Oil will have chance to run out into forend wood.

Just to close this thread off- there is a small hole in the ejector... you have to release the pressure and put a pin through that hole to push down a plunger, then slowly pull the ejector out ensuring that you cover the back of the ejector as the plunger is under spring pressure....

Gunman and figgy, thank you for your help

• 1 year later...