lots of miles and a few and a few more miles and a few more.

JDog

Friday morning I set off in the dark and drove to the Cotswolds for half a days work. I finished at 12:30 then proceeded to drive for almost two hours between drilled barley fields and fresh pea drillings and hardly saw a pigeon.

Giving up in disgust I set off to Cheltenham where I am staying for a week and immediately saw a few on drillings. The farm manager was happy for me to go and I was ready by 2:55. Between then and 4:30 I shot 28 pigeons.

Determined to do things better on Saturday I was looking by 10:00 and still looking by 2:00. Again in desperation I returned to the first field I looked at. This was the field where I took OJW last year and where he videod our exploits.

I know that line well and pigeons use it to go miles looking for food so I set up along the line on barley drillings with absolutely no feed on top. In two hours I shot 27 pigeons.

Frustrating times indeed.

Edited by JDog

Meanwhile back in Lincolnshire.............. :)

im so used to seeing reports bemoaning the fact there aint no buds in the wolds....i failed to read the post properly............a common failing with such a minimal interlect... :oops:

You put the effort in two days on the trot JDog, hard fought bags indeed!

Seems hard to find numbers at the moment here in Wiltshire too. Quite a bit of drilling to go at, only barley at the moment though.....managed a good bag of 75 last weekend but a smaller bag of just 22 this afternoon mainly flighting and ignoring the decoys!

I am envious of your bag of 27. I have not shot 27 in total since way before Christmas. It's odd, but around here there just don't seem to be the birds to warrant setting up for. I'm sure it can only get better in the next few weeks with drilling but unfortunately it's coming up to exam season so I'll be working, to pay for the cartridges, that I'm not going to need, for the pigeons that aren't here.

As soon as I get a bag of double figures, boy will you guys hear about it!

I would be happy with 27 Jdog! Congratulations.

That was such a good days pigeon shooting last year, really good memories.

I'm sure you enjoyed being able to work down there as well so I would say it was a success all round. Good things come to those who wait.