Duck Nesting Tubes.

We have made up 6 nesting tubes to go on our ponds at our little shoot, hopefully this will encourage some mallard to nest there. The other really good thing is the farmer is really pleased we are trying to improve the habitat on his farm.

Has anyone put any of these tubes out?

This is the link to the basc film about the tubes and how to make them.

https://basc.org.uk/films/2014/09/10/duck-tubes-and-how-to-build-them/

They should get used, maybe not this season but a good chance next season, we had nothing the first year but the second year 5 out of 8 were used with one tube having had 2 nests in it.. They just need a bit of restuffing around early feb for the coming summer,,,, so great if you get some nesting this year but don't be disappointed if you don't next year will be better

Good luck

We have a stream on the border of our shoot, it has ducks on it so do you think these would work on this? If so how far apart do you need to site them? Sorry for hyjacking the thread!

I don't see why not, it's just a tube for nesting. We have them dotted around a few ponds I would just give them about thirty feet or so apart but I don't think there is a hard and fast rule.

• 1 month later...