First Class Service From Norfolk F A O

I rang up Norfolk fire arms office this morning to report a change of address , the lady who I spoke to couldn't had been more helpful if she had tried , she told me to go ahead and bolt the cabinet to the wall and my s g c will be sent with my new address over the next two to three weeks and there will be no need to send a officer to check my security out , all sorted in less than five minutes on the phone , Well done Norfolk F A O , excellent service.

I recently moved house. It was only a mile down the road but I moved from Suffolk to Norfolk and had exactly the same excellent service and advice on the phone regarding change of address. I'm very impressed and pleased with the service from both Suffolk and Norfolk firearms licensing.

Well done to them. Praise where it's due....

Perhaps they could give West Mercia Police some advice and guidance...

4 months for a basic 'in house' variation. 6 months for renewing your certificate.

Shockingly **** service to say the least!

And whats more, there's very few apologies. Especially if you talk to what seems to be the only male in the office. Outright rude! When he answers, i just put the phone down until one of the girls answer.....

I had .22 fac air rifle on my ticket. However, the gun i found was in .25 calibre. It took them 4 months to change 1 digit. !!

Shameful service....

Edited by jam1e

Just an update on the change of address on my s g c , having been told it might take two to three weeks before my new one is sent to my new address , well low and behold it arrived this morning , rang up Monday morning and the new one in my letter box Wednesday morning , now that is good service , can any member better that for efficiency ?

Yeah Suffolk and Norfolk are joined now, had a meeting with the top man a few weeks ago and was chatting about speed of service and he said some forces are now using their system as a model to use at theirs. Also said payments will be able to be done electronically soon so no more digging around for the cheque book.

Just an update on the change of address on my s g c , having been told it might take two to three weeks before my new one is sent to my new address , well low and behold it arrived this morning , rang up Monday morning and the new one in my letter box Wednesday morning , now that is good service , can any member better that for efficiency ?

Just submitted an electronic Form 202 by e-mail at 2am on Monday.

Phoned the office at 2pm to check it'd been received & there were no questions they needed to go through.

Too late!

It'd been received, processed, printed & posted that morning.

Glenrothes seem to know what they're doing; by contrast the Edinburgh office could take up to a year for the same one for one.

Norfolk have always been top draw . I have dealt with them for the past fifty years or so and have never had a problem . Always first class customer service . Other constabularies should look towards Norfolk to show them how it should be done .

Harnser