Brady of Halesowen "SCOTT" gamebag.

Red-dot

I bought two of these in 1978 and i only ever used one which is only just now looking "run in". The other one has never been used and is in A1 condition.

I have heard these are now sought after due to the new owners not producing the quality of the originals.

Does anyone have a link to what old Brady stuff is now worth?

TIA.

Edited by Red-dot

Don't know what the Scott is exactly, just tried a search with "Brady of Halesowen gamebag"and got a few returns on Flea bay http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=Brady+of+Halesowen+gamebag&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=SO18+1AD&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=3&_sop=10&_dmd=1&_ipg=200

Hope this helps

Edited by Brixsmaid

hello, looking at what they make now and compare prices with vintage brady having looked at the scott i would suggest £60/65 , some original fishing bags can fetch £60 to £80 even more but in vgc due to the design eg pockets and a liner plus zips etc

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Well, just had an email from a collector of all things shooting and he assures me that he has seen the larger ones sell for £350 and the smaller Scott not much less.

Like anything value and what someone is prepared to pay are usually quite some way away from each other

Did i say he offered me anything but he was a collector of old Brady kit and was offering a helpful post, rare on here.

No, you never said he'd offered to buy.

That's the point though...the REAL value is what someone WILL pay, not a mythical valuation.

If it IS worth what HE said, why's HE not offered that amount for it?

Lots of older bags to gauge from for realised prices at auction houses and online auctions.

Brady of Halesowen made such bags by the tens of hundreds. They're not a bespoke handmade bag retailed by one of the "London best" houses.

Still of interest to a collector/user.

Try adding photos? I'd like to see what it's like.

Did i say he offered me anything but he was a collector of old Brady kit and was offering a helpful post, rare on here.

Given that the majority of your interactions on the forum involve using it as a no-fee version of Ebay, think before bad-mouthing it please or you might be the next thing that becomes a bit rare on here.