beginners guide to rabbit shooting

ips

Very nice ips, Bunny's watch out :)

Looks like you don't need a new toy after all..........................Or do thee??

Cheers snoozer, the AA is a great gun and I am used to how it shoots but it is a little too long with the mod on for my liking plus a new gun is never a bad thing 😁 cant wait to get the ultra set up 👍

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done ips, I have been out all evening , and all i did was just donate blood to the midges ,millions of them . :no: I had to shower as soon as I got in because it felt

like they were crawling all over me.

I never got a bunny, or me, to stay still long enough to get a shot off.

• 1 month later...

Forgot to post update. Very early saturday morning two weeks ago three shots, two rabbit one squirrel (cheeky sod was filling itself from a pheasant feeder) all clean kills from 30 yd with the AA400 due to no air in the ultra.

Not been since as I have been shooting (well shooting at them) rook off cover crop for keeper but there not as much a problem now so will be back out with the rifle when I can.

Ps

Slight breeze not especially warm today, will this effect things as in will rabbit still be about or will they be keeping warm in the burrows ?

Edited by ips

Not a single rabbit spotted in over two hours on Tues evening called it a day at about 9-30 but on way back to car over two fields saw about eight hare.

It wasn't particularly warm there was no sun and a light to moderate breeze (crosswind) the maize shoots are three inches or so I would have thought rabbit would be all over it, i am thinking conditions were not right but why was the hare out ??

I dont shoot Hares , as there just isnt enough of them nowadays.

I got eleven Squizzers raiding the bird feeders in the woods last Saturday, and there was still more coming in as I had to go.

Good old BSA Scorpion se .22, and Falcon .22 x 13.4 grain , just a brill squirrel gun. :good: