stirrup pump

ips

My bottle is well out of date and local dive shop "may not" fill it so thinking of stirup pump however I have read that its hard work and as my back is not 100% fit am a bit concerned. Air rifle in question is AA400. So the question is are they hard work or not ???

Ps

Just seen the price of em 😞

Edited by ips

hello, i did not have much of a problem using a pump with an S410 about 7 years ago at 60, just need keep topped up, a 2 stage pump is better as i am sure filles on up and down stroke , you can buy a good s/h for £100, is there not another shop/gun/dive in your area, it is about £40 to re test.

My bottle is well out of date and local dive shop "may not" fill it so thinking of stirup pump however I have read that its hard work and as my back is not 100% fit am a bit concerned. Air rifle in question is AA400. So the question is are they hard work or not ???

Ps

Just seen the price of em

S400 reservoir is fine with a pump. Just don't try and do it to a 230 bar 500cc daystate bottle! That was exhausting...

I'm 66 and find it a chore to pump my Axsor up, but it is perfectly doable. I go to 200 bar and that usually takes me about 130 strokes with the pump I have. If I get out of breath, I jusst top for a spell and then go at it again. Out of about five or seven minutes of pumping, I get 35 shots at 25 ft pounds. Before I put the gun on my FAC and made the power adjustment, I used to get about 80 shots at <12 ft pounds. I didn't have to pump it that much then and I was younger :)

If the bottle just needs testing it sound a much cheaper and more convenient way to pressurise the gun. You won't get a pump for £50 or so, but you can probably get your bottle tested and filled for about that.

I currently fill a RM8 with a Hills mk 4 pump and i'm not sure if iv missed something but i find its fairly easy just use your body weight when getting into the higher pressures.

It is. But then the RM8 is only a 200cc bottle. Ones that small are fine, if you do it properly, with your body weight and not your back. But you're right, it is more about technique and making it easy for yourself!

hello, it might have gone up a bit so worth checking around. i used these Armalite LTD BILSTON WEST MIDLANDS 01902 494988, have 3 years left on mine. cheers

you can get 3 stage pumps and looking at these reviews seem better than my old hills, i never let the AA 410 go below 50 and quite easy to top up giving 60/70 shots, but i would try and get your bottle tested first,

Hi ips I got my bottles filled last year at http://www.thedelph.com/ £3 each my bottles are both out of date and it was mentioned but they still filled them, shouldn't be far from you, I've also got a chrono if you need one at some point 👍

Mice

Cheers mate

I used to get filled at northern diver but I haven't used the rifle for a couple of years.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen 👍

Edited by ips

Good evening, or morning if you read this tomorrow???????????

I fill my HW100 from my mk3 Hills and its fine. I don't empty it completely, mind, just top up. I have a 15litre bottle but find it just as easy to top it up with the pump. I am a fit Morris dancing 67 year old ******.