New Italian Shotguns to UK - Brixia

webber

In February 2016 my son and I were invited to attend the Hit Show located at Vicenza in Italy. The object being to meet the directors of Brixia Shotguns Srl. and to view their products with the idea of becoming the UK distributor for Brixia. HIT Show is roughly on a par with our British Shooting Show, but with all of the major Italian brands taking sizeable stand space. We were well cared for with flights from Manchester to Venice with chauffeur driven limo to and from our 4 star hotel with coach travel to and from the exhibition venue.

It's taken some time, but on Monday, young webber and I went to Manchester Airport to collect the first consignment of Brixia Shotguns into the UK

We commenced booking in and photographing the guns on Tuesday morning, and almost immediately had a visitor to the shop fall in love with one of the guns wanting to buy it. He had to wait a short while whilst I booked the gun in and sorted the price.

We have brought in a selection of the Over & Under shotguns in 12; 20; 28 & 410 with a selection of barrel lengths. Semi Auto and Pump Actions will follow in further consignments.

Prices start with:

Master at £855 to £895

Lioness £995

Ethos £995

Lilium £1055

Raven £995

Exsimius £1295

The original project was to sell a 100% Italian made shotgun as close as possible to some of the better Turkish gun prices.

Sadly due to currency fluctuation blamed on Brexit, the Sterling cost has increased somewhat since my initial calculations were done. I am however certain that anyone who handles or better still shoots one of the Brixia shotguns will soon appreciate that the slight difference in price is far outweighed by the fine quality and handling.

The customer who bought the first Brixia to be sold in the UK will be putting it through its paces at Rixton & Astley Shooting Club on Sunday.

He should be quite easy to spot as he will have a big grin on his face and will be holding a rather smart gun.

The full range of Brixia products can be viewed by visiting www.brixiashotguns.net

As we list and photograph the guns they are appearing on Guntrader which can be accessed by visiting www.norgascartridges.co.uk and clicking the guns for sale button.

Details for Rixton & Astley Shooting Club can be found by visiting www.astleygunclub.co.uk

webber

Edited by webber

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much anything made on a CNC machine will be accurately made and if the metal is ok they should shoot well enough. The detail is in the handling and feeling. I don't think that the fore end is very stylish or the engraving very well presented. It just all looks a bit wrong somewhere along the line. It looks a bit like an upgraded investarm.

Edited by fortune

It's a pity that some PW members have passed their verdict on guns that they have neither handled nor shot. I do however accept that they are entitled to their opinion.

Yesterday I received a telephone call from Mark Stone of Gun Mart Magazine.

He will be attending the shoot at Rixton & Astley Shooting Club this Sunday to shoot and review a couple of guns from the range of Brixia Shotguns.

Mark is well known for saying it as it is, and not using 5 words where 3 will do; so if the PW detractors don't mind, I'll wait for his reviews to be published in a few months time.

Thanks for the supportive posts; many of the Brixia guns are now on display in the shop at Norgas Gun & Cartridge Co. Please feel free to call in and have a look.

In due course we shall have a few demonstrator guns which can be tried at R&ASC shoots by prior arrangement.

webber

www.norgascartridges.co.uk

www.astleygunclub.co.uk

As we list and photograph the guns they are appearing on Guntrader which can be accessed by visiting www.norgascartridges.co.uk and clicking the guns for sale button.

webber

I hope that the new range will add more to our choice of affordable guns. Good luck with your venture Edited by fortune

I applaude anyone who looks for a business opportunity especially in the current economic climate, however I am struggling to see what part of the market these products fill. As mentioned previously they seem to fall into mid range territory which is already very well represented by existing makers.. They certainly don't appear to be Guerini competitng and certainly not anywhere near perazzi.

They look ok but nothing radical or escpecially attractive to me..

It's a pity that some PW members have passed their verdict on guns that they have neither handled nor shot. I do however accept that they are entitled to their opinion.

He will be attending the shoot at Rixton & Astley Shooting Club this Sunday to shoot and review a couple of guns from the range of Brixia Shotguns.

Mark is well known for saying it as it is, and not using 5 words where 3 will do; so if the PW detractors don't mind, I'll wait for his reviews to be published in a few months time.

Thanks for the supportive posts; many of the Brixia guns are now on display in the shop at Norgas Gun & Cartridge Co. Please feel free to call in and have a look.

In due course we shall have a few demonstrator guns which can be tried at R&ASC shoots by prior arrangement.

webber

www.astleygunclub.co.uk

Good on you, always worth a look and I too dislike those who offer an opinion without ever handling let alone shooting the gun.

webber

www.astleygunclub.co.uk

Good on you sir,

I wish you well with these new guns they look very tidy at an affordable price.

webber

www.astleygunclub.co.uk

A tad harsh?

A couple of members have said that they don't like their looks. I wouldn't buy or drive a Range Rover Evoque, as nice a car as it is, simply because I don't like its looks. It's not for me.

Good luck with the sales, though, there's bound to be a market for them.

Best of luck Webber, they look nice some a little blingy with painted decals as is the norm for modern sporting guns. The Semi autos look nice too. What are the multichokes, is it there own choke system or do they use the likes of Beretta Optima?

Have to agree my fist thoughts were it looks like a Bettinsoli action with more modern style decals and engraving.

Edited by figgy

Best of luck Webber, they look nice some a little blingy with painted decals as is the norm for modern sporting guns. The Semi autos look nice too. What are the multichokes, is it there own choke system or do they use the likes of Beretta Optima?

Have to agree my fist thoughts were it looks like a Bettinsoli action with more modern style decals and engraving.

The choking system is the ever popular Mobil Choke.

Bettinsoli hvave nothing to do with the job, but another well known firearms family do.

webber

Seems an odd choice to use Berettas Mobil choke for a modern gun as the trend is for long chokes.

Hmm the Fausti sisters, wonder why they started another company rather than use the established Fausti name and brand ?

Edited by figgy

Seems an odd choice to use Berettas Mobil choke for a modern gun as the trend is for long chokes.

Hmm the Fausti sisters, wonder why they started another company rather than use the established Fausti name and brand ?

I'll have to let you speculate. If you dig deep enough you'll find the answer.