Declaring speeding tickets

Mackenzie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tricky one, if he's been caught a lot he might be deemed irresponsible? Not declaring it might make it worse, I always think they've had a look and know what the form should say before they come visit you.

Personally I'd declare them, go back 5 years, think that's how long there are on your license but points only count for 3 years, bit like insurance companies when they ask.

When I applied for my license last year I only put down the speeding offence that was still valid .

I did not put down the old previous ones that had run out .they only want the was that are still valid

I got 3 speeding tickets in 10 weeks just before my renewal was due & I was pooing myself thinking I'm going to loose my firearms cert, so before filling renewal forms in I phoned firearms licensing & explained about the 3 speeding & I was told "just put everything down & be honest!!! I got my renewal through, no probs, never questioned speeding fines when they came out to see me... happy days & good luck buddy..

The form expressly excludes fixed penalty notices. Unless you had to attend court, any speeding offence was probably dealt by way of a FPN and not of interest to them.

Yes that's what I always thought - if it was a fixed penalty then no need to put it down. I've never put a FPN down on an application or renewal. I guess it doesn't do any harm though.

The form expressly excludes fixed penalty notices. Unless you had to attend court, any speeding offence was probably dealt by way of a FPN and not of interest to them.

My FEO told me that a 'cluster' of speeding offences or red light jumps (The traffic ones !) would attract a interview/review of FAC/SGC.

Basically due to the attitude of the licence holder with regards their respect of the law.

Therefore I would say anything that attracts points needs to be declared, they know anyway.

My FEO told me that a 'cluster' of speeding offences or red light jumps (The traffic ones !) would attract a interview/review of FAC/SGC.

Basically due to the attitude of the licence holder with regards their respect of the law.

Therefore I would say anything that attracts points needs to be declared, they know anyway.

The form says "not including parking offences or fixed penalty notices". If one interprets that as "FPNs need to be included" I guess that's down to individual interpretation. Edited by Granett

The form says "not including parking offences or fixed penalty notices". If one interprets that as "FPNs need to be included" I guess that's down to individual interpretation.

(Including speeding but "not including parking offences or fixed penalty notices")

Thats what the form actually says though doesnt it? So in answer To the OP, yes you need to declare speeding convictions.

And I never said FPNs need to be included,only points type offences.

Edit. Just checked a few other forms,I think the 'newest ' one says ,instead of the above '

12. Have you been convicted of any offence (not including parking) or received a written caution? □Yes □No (If yes, give details of all convictions and/or formal written cautions, binding overs and spent convictions, including those received outside Great Britain)

Edited by Rewulf

Everything means everything. I can't remember the dates of any of my past motoring tickets and I just state that. When the FEO visited me for the quinquennial renewal a few weeks ago he had obviously done a check before the interview and simply said Oh yes they are all historic. No problem.

Actually the op asked about speeding tickets. A FPN (including those that include points on your licence) isn't a conviction. It doesn't need to be declared. But let's put it down to personal interpretation.

Actually the OP asked whether speeding convictions needed to be put down on a firearm app.

And a penalty notice that includes points can be a conviction, that does need to be put down.

Read any firearms application, its plain as day.

Or read this

https://thedrivingsolicitor.co.uk/2015/08/18/will-a-driving-conviction-appear-on-my-criminal-record/

I thought you were in the legal profession ?

Edited by Rewulf

Actually the OP asked whether speeding convictions needed to be put down on a firearm app.

And a penalty notice that includes points can be a conviction, that does need to be put down.

Read any firearms application, its plain as day.

Or read this

https://thedrivingsolicitor.co.uk/2015/08/18/will-a-driving-conviction-appear-on-my-criminal-record/

I thought you were in the legal profession ?

You've had a number of goes, and still you're wrong - go back and actually read his post: "SGC" and "speeding tickets". Edited by Granett

Does it matter if you put them on .

They can check if you have any or not .

If they need them they are on the form

If not then they will not bother

But if they do and you don't they will post it back to start again