Ghillie suit

Camo sometimes as a confidence wear or as another has said dull clothes , brown , green and or the like.

But agree with movement being kept to a minimum and looking through the net for approaching pigeon not over the top of the net .

Edited by deny essex

Ive never seen anyone wearing a ghillie suit when in the hide but what does it really matter what you wear it's more important to Stand still and keep alert. It goes a long way. I have shot pigeon on a flight line just standing still behind an 8x8 field gatepost so you don't have to go to extremes and it would be super hot in the summer.

Ive never seen anyone wearing a ghillie suit when in the hide but what does it really matter what you wear it's more important to Stand still and keep alert. It goes a long way. I have shot pigeon on a flight line just standing still behind an 8x8 field gatepost so you don't have to go to extremes and it would be super hot in the summer.

Surely that's the point!

I brought a ghillie suit back from the States last year for a pal of mine who stalks, as well as pigeon bashing......it,s very light, and he claims he can stand against a hedge or tree, without a hide, and the birds come right in to his deeks....he,s given away his cammo net!

That is the way a ghillie suit is best used and designed for. Otherwise its like putting a hide in a hide.

I bought a gillie suit off the Bay from china, its made from thin nylon mesh and has thousands of bits of brown and green string sewn in bunches all over it, it has separate trousers and jacket with full head cover, the bits of string fall out all over the place, get in your eyes, tangle in anything you get near, reeds,brambles bushes and of course around the gun,

I bought it to use on the marshes where winter cover is very thin, just deep muddy dykes and dead reed beds, I am sure it would have been very successful but it annoyed the hell out of me , held moisture and mud so it became quite heavy, I only wore it once, then went back to my standard camo gear, a total waste of money , it is hanging in my shed now like a huge bundle of dead grass and still tangles with anything that comes near it like a giant spiders web. I don't know why I keep it , perhaps to remind me how easily a fool and his money are so soon parted, or perhaps because I'm too tight to get rid of it, constantly reminded of the money I paid for it, but then my sheds are full of gear like that, goose and duck decoys, flappers,magnets,decoys,nets, pegs,seats, bags, backpack, batteries, chargers, gun slips, camo shirts, trousers,jackets,waders and boots. If the wife knew how much it had all cost me she would probably make me live in the shed as well. Life's a bitch and then you get time off to go shooting yeahhhhhh!! :lol::lol: