1st Time FITASC Sporting

Smokersmith

Well ..... I dipped my toes in a 100 birder today ... or more like got fully submerged !!

Never shot it before .... but what an awesome discipline. Loved the variation, the format of the day, and the quality/difficulty of the targets at Grimsthorpe was brilliant.

I have never enjoyed myself so much as a clay shooting competition, and will no doubt be doing it again.

Guest stevo

Are we talking "old system" or "new system" here?

Shot a couple of rounds of old system last week up at N&DGC with James1983 and a couple of other guys. We had a good laugh doing it and I had the bonus of walking away with the top score (37/50). It's a very enjoyable discipline.

If you mean Nottingham and district gun club fitasc. That is nothing like proper fitasc last time I shot a round of it there ( around 3 months ago ) I shot a 25/25 and I'm not the best sporting shooter. To me it was more akin to sportrtrap.

Auntie Woolley Edge have great FITASC comps during the winter shooting 125 new system. Shoot two layouts then in for bit of breakfast two more layouts back in for a cuppa and warm up then out for last two layouts.

I thought it was great compared to the old system.

If you mean Nottingham and district gun club fitasc. That is nothing like proper fitasc last time I shot a round of it there ( around 3 months ago ) I shot a 25/25 and I'm not the best sporting shooter. To me it was more akin to sportrtrap.

Yep that's where I'm talking about. Shooting from 3 hoops, ie "old system". I don't know anywhere near me that shoots any other style of FITASC.

Nice shooting to straighten it :good: there were a few tricky ones on it last week, although we were shooting a pair that wasn't on the card as they were having trouble with one of the traps. One of the lads shot a 21 on the first round but then went to pieces on round two and only hit 14 or 15. I was just more consistent with a 19 and an 18.

Guest stevo

Yep that's where I'm talking about. Shooting from 3 hoops, ie "old system". I don't know anywhere near me that shoots any other style of FITASC.

Nice shooting to straighten it :good: there were a few tricky ones on it last week, although we were shooting a pair that wasn't on the card as they were having trouble with one of the traps. One of the lads shot a 21 on the first round but then went to pieces on round two and only hit 14 or 15. I was just more consistent with a 19 and an 18.

We will have to meet up sometime. I like Notts. I've shot lots and lots of trap there. Be good to have a natter and a cuppa sometime.

We will have to meet up sometime. I like Notts. I've shot lots and lots of trap there. Be good to have a natter and a cuppa sometime.

I shoot at Nottingham gun club too, fitasc is my nemesis discipline, shot a 21 out of 25 on it a couple of weeks ago which I was over the moon with as I normally only score 16/17.

Any time you want to arrange a meet I'd be up for it (work permitting). It's always fun to meet up with fellow PWers.

Guest stevo

I shoot at Nottingham gun club too, fitasc is my nemesis discipline, shot a 21 out of 25 on it a couple of weeks ago which I was over the moon with as I normally only score 16/17.

In that case same to you to about meeting up for a cuppa. Notts is a great club. Very friendly and always a good laugh.

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

I thought I might have seen you at Grimsthorpe Stevo .... you wouldn't have been overchoked with 3/4 and full!!

A up stevie boy.

No mate I had to work on the Friday and sat morning. ( the shoot dates had been changed from when the championships where first booked ) Was really looking forward to going there as I've never been before. I don't think I would have shot it though. To be honest I am quite happy just watching people shoot. In the same way some got to watch footy. I will just turn up at a fixture somewhere with my sarnis and a flask and just watch.

I will be at the next shoots as me and briggsy are the Lincolnshire team managers for fitasc and esp.

I've just bought a new DT11 ( hopefully pick it up next week. So I might have a cheeky entry 😜

Edited by stevo

Auntie Woolley Edge have great FITASC comps during the winter shooting 125 new system. Shoot two layouts then in for bit of breakfast two more layouts back in for a cuppa and warm up then out for last two layouts.

I thought it was great compared to the old system.

New system is great with even more target presentations, but needs a lot more space and number of traps.