A few rabbits and new permission.

pigeonblasterian

Went to see a farmer on Monday that wanted some ferreting done.He showed me round but i told him it was a bit too late for ferreting and a lot of the holes are under blackthorn bushes.We agreed it would be best to shoot them and i would start the same night and start thinning them out.So on Monday evening i got 5 rabbits,Tuesday 17 and Wednesday 6 and packed in each night at 2230.Last night i stayed all night and managed 12 rabbits and got a photo after packing up at 0630 this morning.Still rabbits about but the farmer will be able to tell the difference in numbers now i have been shooting them.So a nice new permission and just hoping i will get a few pigeons from it as well.

IMG_20170414_061953_zpse0andq1p.jpg

Edited by pigeonblasterian

Some good numbers there keep up the good work.

Farmer is well happy.

Nice one Ian. Looks like some good sport for you.

Plenty to go at here this is just a small part.

Well done, show some effort and you get the returns, good luck with any pigeons

Just missed out on this years drillings but will be watching next year.

Keeping the Farmer happy is definitely the way to extend your permission.

If he is an arable Farmer, he will have something somewhere to interest you (and the pigeons).

Another two farms all next to each other all owned by same family.I intend to keep the farmer happy.

There is a ditch behind the rabbits that is hard to make out.It is 12 to 15 deep and steep sides and will be hard to ferret at the back end of the year.Luckily only about 200 yds is grown up and roughly the same area is clear.It will be hard to net with the steep sides but will keep the ferrets happy over winter.

IMG_20170414_062009_zpsid8oggqf.jpg