Areas or Farms

MiltonKeynesShooter

I find simply asking for shooting on a first post rather annoying. There are opportunities around MK if you care to do some groundwork and get yourself out there but , in my opinion, you are off to a poor start - your profile, for example, tells anyone who may potentially offer you help, nothing. Apologies if I seem a little harsh but I think you need to realise that shooting permissions can be hard to come by and some people may never find their own shoot. However, you can help yourself by introducing yourself a little more comprehensively - at the moment I could invite you to an evenings roost shoot only to have you turn up with an Air Pistol. NOT a lecture and NOT my intention to insult or deter you as I really do hope you find something, I know of a few opportunities in the area so they are out there.

I find simply asking for shooting on a first post rather annoying. There are opportunities around MK if you care to do some groundwork and get yourself out there but , in my opinion, you are off to a poor start - your profile, for example, tells anyone who may potentially offer you help, nothing. Apologies if I seem a little harsh but I think you need to realise that shooting permissions can be hard to come by and some people may never find their own shoot. However, you can help yourself by introducing yourself a little more comprehensively - at the moment I could invite you to an evenings roost shoot only to have you turn up with an Air Pistol. NOT a lecture and NOT my intention to insult or deter you as I really do hope you find something, I know of a few opportunities in the area so they are out there.

+1

Guest stevo

Fully understood pal, will go ahead and update my profile shortly, for now though i can tell you im currently shooting a Gamo Shadow Dx.22 1000fps, 6x40 scope, for a first rifle its pretty decent

How did you get your fac for a section 1 air rifle if you dn't have land to shoot over ?

Edited by stevo

Guest stevo

I have land to shoot over however its plain and never seen anything dawn or dusk

Oh right sorry I wrongly assumed you had no land to shoot over.

So is your gamo standard or have you had it tuned to get 1000 fps. What sort of accuracy are you getting ?

Oh right sorry I wrongly assumed you had no land to shoot over.

So is your gamo standard or have you had it tuned to get 1000 fps. What sort of accuracy are you getting ?

The gun comes 1000fps stardard other than the scope the gun is untouched, and the accuracy is actually increadable, ive hit a pigeon from a good 50 yards without any problems however luck might have been on hand haha, but it is a nice rifle. But it be my first rifle so im not to skilled and wouldn't try shooting from any further than 60yrds

Edited by MiltonKeynesShooter

Guest stevo

The gun comes 1000fps stardard other than the scope the gun is untouched, and the accuracy is actually increadable, ive hit a pigeon from a good 50 yards without any problems however luck might have been on hand haha, but it is a nice rifle. But it be my first rifle so im not to skilled and wouldn't try shooting from any further than 60yrds

Right I'm with you. So it comes as a section one as standard then ?

I belove its a Gas Ram, 11.6 FT/LB

So i think its still classed as an air rifle and not a firearm

You would be lucky :lol: mine was about 10 and a half when I got it. Again, supposed to be 1000 with gamos special pellets... what a load of **** :lol: now stripped, cleaned and polished is at 11.3 foot pounds and will shoot an inch at 35. Hope you get some land and make sure you can hit a target reliably every time ehh.

You would be lucky :lol: mine was about 10 and a half when I got it. Again, supposed to be 1000 with gamos special pellets... what a load of **** :lol: now stripped, cleaned and polished is at 11.3 foot pounds and will shoot an inch at 35. Hope you get some land and make sure you can hit a target reliably every time ehh.

Sounds like a good rifle still though mate, and yhe when they say 1000 they really mean 800-900 😂 Ive done some more research and found out that my rifle is full powered 12ft/lbs Gas Ram 😬 Think i should proberably be careful with it 😂 But i do want to look into a road trip to america so i can hunt some bigger game

Am I missing something here? If it's putting out 11.something ft/lb then velocity is nowhere near 1000 fps unless you are using felt pellets. The Shadow is also a budget gun that is spring powered not gas ram unless someone has been tinkering but why would you - the Ram would be worth more than the gun. Don't want to insult your gun but it would be more suited to plinking than serious hunting in my humble opinion.

Edited by bruno22rf

Am I missing something here? If it's putting out 11.something ft/lb then velocity is nowhere near 1000 fps unless you are using felt pellets. The Shadow is also a budget gun that is spring powered not gas ram unless someone has been tinkering but why would you - the Ram would be worth more than the gun. Don't want to insult your gun but it would be more suited to plinking than serious hunting in my humble opinion.

Well acording 2 the site i brought it from and another site, its gas ram but if you have more experience than me id have to listen so it may not be but its most definetly 12ft/lb full power. However i must say its put wholes in a few hard materials and can definetly kill pigeons and phesants from past exeriences i know that. Thanks for letting me know it may not be gas ram, dont even know my own gun. That quite embarressing 😂

I think they always start out life as a spring powered gun. You can buy gas ram conversion kits that replace the spring with a theoben gas ram unit. I don't know how good it is though. Did you say it was a .22? a .22 air rifle that's developing 1000fps is well, WELL over the limit of 12ft/lb. A .177 at 11.5 is travelling around the 780fps mark (depending on the type of pellet), so for the heavier .22 round to be going well over that, it's going to developing way more. a 16gr pellet travelling 1000fps gives 33ft/lbs of energy. Even if it's only doing 700fps, it's still generating 17ft/lb. to get a .22 to be sub 12 at 700fps it'd need to be only 11gr...

Either your gun's well below the fps you think it is, or it's illegal without FAC...

Edited by chrisjpainter