Ruger 10/22 and subsonic ammo

Oxfordshooter

mine wouldnt (reliably) cycle win subs but was ok with the higher power stuff......which defeated the point of a moderated 22 as it was near on as loud as my hmr :lol:

lots of other folk swear by them tho so i guess mine was just a wrong un........or i just hadnt spent enough cash on aftermarket bits :good:

Hi

I have had a 10/22 for many years (so perhaps run-in well) but rarely had a problem, including with subsonic ammunitions.

Only tweaks were to sort out the trigger and strip and clean the rotary magazines.

Eley Extra subsonic (newer liveried box now) work well for me.

L

Had a stainless 10/22 for years and put 1000s of Winchester subs through it with very few problems. Usually extraction problems when the wax bullet coating collected enough grit to slow the action right down but easily sorted.

hello, same as the RWS, have been cleaning mine with white spirit and a tissue and leave to dry,

My old 10-22 has only ever being fed on subs all work until around 500 rounds then it is just a quick clean with a bore snake no hassle or dramer.accuracy is also good up to 80-90 yards in my rifle..mine is over 20years old and fired well over70,000 rounds and culled 1000s of rabbits.

I've used cci standard which is subsonic with no problems at all also used eley contact eley match s.k and centre x rounds and i have had no issue with them put 600 rounds of cci standard though mine with no jams I believe cci standards are sub sonic have not done anything to the rifle that would affect the operation of it.

Edited by kory1986

I've used cci standard which is subsonic with no problems at all also used eley contact eley match s.k and centre x rounds and i have had no issue with them put 600 rounds of cci standard though mine with no jams I believe cci standards are sub sonic have not done anything to the rifle that would affect the operation of it.

Same with mine with cci standard from a 25 round ruger mag, I used cci sub hp in 10 round mags and it was happy with them, it even cycled rem golden bullets but I won't be buying any more of those(not consistent) better off with blazers.

Mine is a stainless model from about 1998 it has a few modifications stainless bolt handle, quick release bolt, volquartsen extractor, titanium firing pin, lighter trigger and a houge stock

Edited by defender