BASC dog insurance

greenergp

Hi, I have ins through Basc with Agria , £ 23 a month for a working dog with £150 excess, 3yr old Springer Spaniel. Used it twice, once for eye injury and once for injury from foot being cut by hidden broken glass, paid out both times no quibbles. Hope this helps either way.

S

Hi Ips,

The eye one was £371 and the foot was £230 ish , to be fair he didn't mention insurance as the dog needed it sorting both times, he is also a shooting man and was really straight from the start. You have to pay him then reclaim it back but they send it through and deal with it after you hand in the claim docs.

S

Thanks scobydog

Reason I ask is that I haven't got my cocker insured I have often thought of doing so but had trouble making the numbers add up.

So approx £280 per year plus £150 excess. On that basis your not really in the money BUT I appreciate that had your claim been more then insurance would have been worth it. As is the case with all insurances your only glad you have it when you need it.

Cheers

I had an over 3k claim for an injury sustained while beating, Pet plan paid out fine no quibbles, they are also a lot cheaper than when I got a basc quote. I'd been wondering if it was worth it up till an injury that needed 3 operations and lots of drugs and just wouldn't clear up.

I'm with Agria, my cocker had her tail docked through smashing it to bits on everything to the point she couldn't move it and was in a lot of pain. I spoke to the vet and he told me it was probably best to take it off to save future injury. I thought insurance would cover this but no. They said because she did not have to have it off and was just a recommendation from the vet they will not pay out so I had to pay £695 out of my own pocket and they said they would cover the medication for me which came to £75.. (**** takers). so sometimes insurance is worth it sometimes not.

Edited by teal27

Its a considered risk.

I have had 5 dogs (incl the current one), only one was ever insured, never claimed, but as she got older the premiums increased substantially, at her 7th year they were almost doubled, that was when we did not renew, she was the first and last dog I insured.

Apart from annual jabs, none of my dogs have needed Vet intervention, 3 were workers and the other 2 pets.

Perhaps we have been very lucky, but so could you be.