22-250

kingsy18

Debating on getting a 22-250 as a day gun and keep my 204 as permanent nightvision use,could i get something half decent for around the 700 notes mark new,seen a remington 7 cdl which doesnt look to bad but never used one,any recommendations.

Edited by kingsy18

I have a T3 Hunter in 22/250. Have had it for years. Now has all my NV gear festooned all over it.

Fabulous rifle. Gets horribly abused and goes out in all weathers but never misses a beat.

Accurate as hell if I can hold it straight.

Tube has had a hell of a lot of lead shoved through it too.

Not a lot of recoil with this caliber. The only time I ever lost sight of the target (Fox) was when I used it for lamping. The smoke after firing it would block out the target for a few seconds.

I agree with this. Pain in the **** at night but would be same with any calibre rifle.

Absolutely no problem in the day.

Edited by Grandalf

Right guys before i venture and buy a 22-250 a few more qestions,had my ticket back and says 22-250 sound mod not sure if thats right or do i need to change it for different size mod like 223,what you guys using,plus cleaning are there 22-250 boresnakes,cleaning rods,jags mops.

Edited by kingsy18

Always take a boresnake when you go shooting. Never leave home without mine. You never know if your going to need a boot lace.

Get a good cleaning rod Proshot or Dewy. A few spare bags and brushes and some decent patches 1 1/4 I use.

Why do you mention 223 mod ???

I'm assuming you think the 22.250 is bigger ???

what i meant was that a 223 mod would fit a 22250,on my ticket it says 22250 mod thought it was a dedicated mod.

Always take a boresnake when you go shooting. Never leave home without mine. You never know if your going to need a boot lace.

Get a good cleaning rod Proshot or Dewy. A few spare bags and brushes and some decent patches 1 1/4 I use.

Why do you mention 223 mod ???

I'm assuming you think the 22.250 is bigger ???

what i meant was that a 223 mod would fit a 22250,on my ticket it says 22250 mod thought it was a dedicated mod.

No, there the same calibre, 22 hornet,222, 223, 220 swift 22.250 plus a few more. it will be fine. :good:

What I said about the bore snake, avoid using one, it may never snap off 1/2 way out, but the day it does you will wish you had never bothered.

.22-250 is a lovely round. Much like the .243 for foxing in fairness. I never could see the point of them but decided to give one a go when a nice stainless Sako 75 appeared on Guntrader!

My experience is that it holds the target well. New rifle wise you can't go wrong with a Tikka, and if you can find a used Sako 75 then all the better. They really are nice rifles and can be rebarrelled at a later date if you shoot it out.

Mod wise, the Wildcat Evolution is supposed to be very good on this calibre. I may get one myself soon to replace the T8 that it came with.

• 3 months later...

Reggie I could have a play

I need to show you photo of the stock action bolt holes, very close to drop box chamber. Big problem on the rifle is it had a pressure point on the end of stock, I never had the balls to sand it out as was worried the action wouldn't stay tight enough without pillars. It was an excellent light one shot at a time rifle.

I need to show you photo of the stock action bolt holes, very close to drop box chamber. Big problem on the rifle is it had a pressure point on the end of stock, I never had the balls to sand it out as was worried the action wouldn't stay tight enough without pillars. It was an excellent light one shot at a time rifle.

Sounds like a good donor action.