Sea Bass

Danger-Mouse

Our vegetarian, but fish-eating, daughter likes this one when I am barbecuing the meat

Finely slice and cross-slice a thumb-size piece of root ginger.

Chop off the green leaves and discard from a couple of spring onions and thinly slice the stalks and bulbs lengthways,

If you are going to barbecue the fish, make a sandwich of two fillets of the bass using the spring onion and ginger as the filling with a good squeeze of fresh lime-juice and wrapping the sandwich in double-thickness aluminium foil. Put it on the cool part (edge) of the barbecue for 3 minutes, which will steam it nicely.

If using a microwave, do the same, but substitute greaseproof paper for the aluminium foil and cook on full blast for 3 minutes.

It makes a really juicy, delicate meal.

Obviously you can substitute other favourite flavours, but don't forget that it is a delicate tasting fish

Edited by amateur

Rant time - and I think this is what P is alluding to - the fish is called Bass - not seabass - a silly cheffy name to make it seem more desirable and not american.

I remember as a teen you could hardly give bass away it was so unwanted.

....wasn't the problem associated with the less commonly eaten variety, the Sewer Bass?

An acquired taste, though preferable to Thames caught River Bass. (No real difference in flavour, but the Thames variety cost 20x more as it was regarded as a delicacy in the Palace of Westminster)

Yep, exactly, nothing but ponsing up.

Sea Mackerel, Sea Herring, Sea Turbot or Sea Plaice anyone???

I'll let em have Sea Bream though.

Rant time - and I think this is what P is alluding to - the fish is called Bass - not seabass - a silly cheffy name to make it seem more desirable and not american.

I remember as a teen you could hardly give bass away it was so unwanted.