slow cookers

Mice!

hello, i always boil the water first swish in a oxo cube, pop in some smaller diced stewing steak, either fresh veg/ frozen/or a good tin of mixed/ swirl round, i do mine at 6 pm check it at ? make sure the top and rims dry as can bubble up lid, leave over night and in the morning will be ready to transfer to food flask, first the contents/ put stock in pyrex jug, micro to boil, pour in flask, will stay hot for lunch time or like me about 4 pm afternoon, happy eating

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some nice sounding recipes all.

Right then bored Sunday afternoon TV whilst waiting for Scrum V to start: I was watching eat well for less! They made a lovely looking one pot dish of a joint of beef mixed with vegetables, and beef stock. I thought to myself "that would go well in a slow cooker"...sadly my wife wouldn't eat it!

Cheers

Aled

Always use ours, I was looking at all sorts of expensive ones when I moved house and the missus came home with one from Wilkos as her parents have had one a couple of years with no issues.

Almost a done a year now and it's great, Lamb Shanks, Joints, Whole Chickens the missus is a magician with it!

EDIT:

This is the one we have... no messing about Low if want to cook something over say 6-8 hours or High if want to cook something under 4 hours.

http://www.wilko.com/slow-cookers/wilko-stainless-steel-oval-slow-cooker-6l/invt/0316166?nst=0&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2JeJi8OY1wIVEh4bCh3GuQ_bEAQYAyABEgIFiPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Can't beat a Lamb Shank with Mint Gravy on Low for 7-8 hours.

Edited by evolution380

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...