BROKEN FIRING PIN ON A CHEAP O/U ??

BADGER.BRAD

Hello All,

Went out on the clays today with my trusty (until now) twin trigger o/u, halfway through my gun jammed half open but loaded I tried for 10 mins to reopen it until someone else tried it only for it to open first time (typical) I then noticed it rattling, I gave it a gun shake and the pin fell out . As this was only a cheap gun is it likely to be worth fixing ? Has anyone any idea of the possible range of cost ?

forgot to ad its a Acciaio Breda B4

Thanks all

Edited by BADGER.BRAD

i had the same problem a while back with a cheap gun without a pin readily available. The first time done by local gunsmith for about £50 and took six weeks.

The next time i got one made for £20 and fitted myself, turn around time four days. I will happily pass on the details of the chap who made it if you need.

Edited by Wb123

I contacted Peter Dyson (as surgested by Gordon R) and have sent the broken pin to him for replicating, about the £15 mark so not a bad result really. I have better quality guns but enjoy using this one the most plus I'll now have an extra connection with it as I've put some effort into it.Chears all.