Soft Leg O' Mutton

wymberley

I appreciate that not everyone will like these - although perhaps some of that opinion might just change it shortly - as obviously, they're not suitable for going from peg to driven peg or stance to clay pigeon stance, but as I do neither (I've had to hedge my bets here, as my step-son has started shooting and I'll probably end up getting dragged to his nearest range on the next and subsequent visits to Leicestershire) I like to make use of their various other advantages.

This one after many years of sterling service to its previous owner and myself is beginning to show its age and it would be a crying shame after all this time if it were to suddenly 'let go' and a gun was damaged. Consequently, it needs replacing, but I also now need an additional one. The problem is, is that I've never seen anything similar. So following a chat I sent it away. Following further discussions it's just come back.

Leg%20o%20mutton_zps6vqrtqu7.jpg

But

So

Have

These:

008_zpsajv7xrkb.jpg

To say that I'm absolutely delighted is the understatement of the year. Many members will recognise from whence these came. Both Mel and Linda are aware of my sentiments, but it would be extremely remiss of me if I failed to publicly thank them both. Mel for his willingness to help, his infinite patience and his suggestions and Linda for her truly outstanding craftsmanship - which come to think of it is another blatant understatement. Between them they have transformed a somewhat tatty pattern into a functional work of art.

Although it's patently obvious anyway, I will just add that these are not from their current production range but are bespoke items. Although mine was the first order for these, I'm aware that there's already another placed and I'll wager that there just simply has to be more to follow.

good morning phil,

thankyou for the very kind words mate , its always a pleasure to be involved in putting something a little different together , especially when the end result is as pretty as these cases . she already has orders for two more(so it looks like ill never get mine lol) , your original idea / design was very good , we just did a bit of tarting up really.

thankyou again for the kind words mate :good: .

good morning phil,

thankyou for the very kind words mate , its always a pleasure to be involved in putting something a little different together , especially when the end result is as pretty as these cases . she already has orders for two more(so it looks like ill never get mine lol) , your original idea / design was very good , we just did a bit of tarting up really.

thankyou again for the kind words mate :good: .

Thanks for listening, Mel.

When just going from house to truck/truck to hide, a sling is just something else to get tangled up with all the other kit so making them detachable is a bonus.