shotgun for 15yr old daughter

jontom04

Hi everyone , I'm looking for a 12 gauge lightish in wait for my 15yr old daughter , thinking of a 3 shot something reliable
for pigeons ect. what would you recommend , can travel as we are up and down the country with my

daughters slalom canoeing with GB canoeing. not really bothered about looks but must be reliable and cheap

please

thanks john and jess.

Sorry if this is off topic but maybe if it saves some's life I'll take the stick. Does anyone else think semi auto's aren't the safest for a youngster to start shooting with ? The only accidental shotgun related death I've heard of in recent years is a youngster with a semi auto.

IF the young person is taught gun safety and more importantly muzzle awareness, then they are no more dangerous than any other shotgun.

In fact, I would say, properly taught a youngster shooting an auto would be far safer.

My suggestion a Remy 1100. I have one I have abused for over 25yrs, dragged across muddy fields and through woods and it still works just fine. keep them clean and they will go on for ever. Super light recoil as well.

I have a 16 gauge version and I am not selling :-)

A number on gun trader all around £200 -£250 one with two barrels skeet and 28inch.

Edited by Walker570

Thought this was a swap thread based on the title.

Wouldn't blame you!

I'd swap the stepson for a broken Gat airgun.

Talk about zombies....the kids not wired up right!

Turkeys have more of a clue that Christmas is coming....

Anyway, on topic:

Will a 12 not be too heavy still?

I started with .303 rifles at the age of 12; I was about the same height as the No.4 at the time.

Recoil was an issue, as was crawling bsck to the firing point after every few shots.

How about 20-bore, with 3/4oz loads?

Still capable for learning on, with recoil akin to a 28-bore.

Hope you get something suitable.

Edited by saddler

IF the young person is taught gun safety and more importantly muzzle awareness, then they are no more dangerous than any other shotgun.

In fact, I would say, properly taught a youngster shooting an auto would be far safer.

My suggestion a Remy 1100. I have one I have abused for over 25yrs, dragged across muddy fields and through woods and it still works just fine. keep them clean and they will go on for ever. Super light recoil as well.

I have a 16 gauge version and I am not selling :-)

A number on gun trader all around £200 -£250 one with two barrels skeet and 28inch.

There's no gun safer than a broken shotgun.

Sorry if this is off topic but maybe if it saves some's life I'll take the stick. Does anyone else think semi auto's aren't the safest for a youngster to start shooting with ? The only accidental shotgun related death I've heard of in recent years is a youngster with a semi auto.

My son went from a bolt action .410" to a 12 bore Semi-Auto at the age of 12, he was and is well trained, competent and SAFE!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE