td5 wont start

benbaikal

came out of work the other day and the disco just turns over but wont start calls aa man he turns up so left car with him.he phones 30 min later says it showing no comms from crank to injectors .also temp gauge halfway even though engine not running so gets it recovered home

1 put new cranksensor in

2 cleaned ecu connectors [even no oil in there]

still no good so now thinking earths or relays or dreaded ecu

so open to the pw massive any ideas

Injector seals??

Common on TD5's, had the issue on mine and solved it by changing them.

The symptom is letting air get into the fuel system. If you look at your handbook, you can find the process to bleed any air from your fuel system in the event you run out of fuel or when you change your fuel filter. Try that and it should start if air is the issue.

I don't remember it off hand, but it's a sequence of ignition on, ignition off and so on before cranking.

I'll try to find it for you.....

Is the pump priming? If not there's a relay for it In the engine bay. If it ain't that then the pump. Start easy though and do fuel filter, get s good quality one as I know some don't like running with certain filters.

Edit, just 're read. Injector seals is possible. I'd still be tempted by the fuel filter though

Edited by Hendrix's rifle

sounds like starter motor on the way out and interfering with the crank position sensor whilst cranking the engine.

had this on my TD5, but was eratic at doing it to start with and got worse, sometimes would go first flick sometime cranked for ages.

when mine did it it would bump start straight away as you aren't using starter motor, will give you a clue.

Just been onto the aa they sending me they diagnostic report and will take it from there tried various things

1/spare key

2/fuel pressure

3/crank sensor

4/electric connections

not spending out on it until report comes has done 212000 but chassis had body spot on and the engine purred i have owned it for the last 8 years .

may turn it into a viking project 200 odd pages coming

Just been onto the aa they sending me they diagnostic report and will take it from there tried various things

1/spare key

2/fuel pressure

3/crank sensor

4/electric connections

not spending out on it until report comes has done 212000 but chassis had body spot on and the engine purred i have owned it for the last 8 years .

may turn it into a viking project 200 odd pages coming

Just take it to Ditchman - one page max and sorted.