Malvern fire arms and licensing or Marie Celeste?

popa bear

Applied for my FAC ticket in September last year FEO came out 3 weeks ago and okayed everything and expected the ticket through in a week or just over.Tried to contact Malvern fire arm office today asking what was going on and all you get is an automated message from the chief constable apologising for the delay in processing application and saying the waiting time is now up to 12 months.You don't even get to speak to a human operator whats going on have they all been swallowed up by some black hole?

Do you not have the right to have a word with pcc.??.

Just because he wears braid doesn't mean he is not accountable..

If that was me,I would be playing merry hell up with a talk back machine..

Let the Pcc listen to it,it may get them snd includeing the Chief Constable a well placed kick up the ****.

It doesn't get any better does it. Check out my topic >>> Hands up If you've been waiting more than six months. What gets me is that none of the orgs are doing anything about this problem. About the only thing that gets a movement is the threat of an official complaint in writing. Don't get mouthy about the situation because you will be told that you might not be considered suitable if you start verbally​ abusing them? Even though they do need if.

Copy any letter to your MP. It won't do any harm for you Chief Constable to be aware that you are sufficiently concerned to be advising your elected representative... pressure through the proper channels is the only thing that may (in the long term) help. I do appreciate that being in the middle of an election campaign may make life interesting - as your MP will doubtless wish to secure your vote!

It's a shame since last time (couple of years ago) I had a renewal with West Mercia (Malvern) they were quite quick (about 4 or 5 weeks if I remember).

After about 6 weeks from posting my application I rang them just to make sure they received it and the payment was fine (sent a postal order rather than a cheque). A pleasant lady answered the the phone, checked and confirmed that my application had been received and all fine.

I then asked what are the rough time scales now and was told they are still working on the backlog from june/july 2016. Spoke with a few people that applied during the last few years and everyone had a unique experience, from under 2 months to 10+ months for a grant. Seems that my shopping days will be postponed to christmas if my lucky enough.

I will be sending a letter to my local MP as I don't think the funding is sufficient to serve the area in a timely manner.