Getting Impatient Now

wymberley

• 3 weeks later...

Extracted from an earlier thread:

"I had read some reviews and two were not good. However, as one was a particularly vindictive personal attack, they were on the internet, contradicted others and also were different from my experiences with other emails that had been exchanged, I decided to ignore them as witnessed by me placing the order."

Hmm.

An estimate is no more than that so some variation is to be expected, although one could ask why they always seem to under-estimate. However, speaking purely from a customer service point of view and irrespective of however long it takes for the gun to finally arrive (tomorrow would have been really good), I'm starting to form an opinion that whereas he was OTT the guy may well have had a point. The next few days will reflect to what extent.

Extracted from an earlier thread:

"I had read some reviews and two were not good. However, as one was a particularly vindictive personal attack, they were on the internet, contradicted others and also were different from my experiences with other emails that had been exchanged, I decided to ignore them as witnessed by me placing the order."

Hmm.

An estimate is no more than that so some variation is to be expected, although one could ask why they always seem to under-estimate. However, speaking purely from a customer service point of view and irrespective of however long it takes for the gun to finally arrive (tomorrow would have been really good), I'm starting to form an opinion that whereas he was OTT the guy may well have had a point. The next few days will reflect to what extent.

Not so good news, I hope that you are being overly pessimistic and that the outcome is more favourable than you fear.

Not so good news, I hope that you are being overly pessimistic and that the outcome is more favourable than you fear.

:good: Cheers.

If I can wait over six weeks for a couple of vests that were promised in a few days with several unanswered e-mails and having been lied to over the phone thrown in, before finally losing it and getting my money back, I don't think I can be accused of being impatient. I don't mind waiting provided I'm kept advised - customer service. When told on a Monday that there'll be a delivery that week and by the following Tuesday when you've heard nowt, what does one think? When you're told that the gun is somewhere between France and the UK, just how long does that take to arrive provided the courier is not a pied? When you get the distinct impression that the guy simply isn't interested in the good reason you have for needing to have an update and all he wants to do is put the phone down with, "I'll tell you when it's here" before doing so. Any fool can do that. The problem for them is that their credibility along with any chance of further orders goes out of the window simply for the lack of a little customer courtesy. The really stupid thing is that I offered to pay the final sum in advance to benefit us both in case of a delay and the gun could then have been sent to my local RFD to hold until I was back and able to collect it locally but this was poo pooed and he wouldn't wait fro me to give the explanation, again being desperate to put the phone down. I'm sure it'll be here 'ere long but it's the lack of service that gets my goat.

Sorry, All, for the rant. I'll have calmed down by tomorrow and will enjoy the day - my 73rd such event. :yes:

@wimberkey I also feel your pain, the gun looks lovely, and I approached the Chapuis guy myself, in french about how to get one. My personal impression of the contact I had with the guy in question was.... bad. I tried 3 times to get him to refer me to someone who would be knowledgeable in this country, (as he refused to treat direct) and I thought he was useless. And remember, there was no language barriers there...

I didn't mention in on the previous threads because it's always easier to say bad things about people, and perhaps I had been unlucky...

Still, if I were you I'd check Rizinni -- I saw the guy at the Gun Show in redditch, and the range was very nice, the guns felt wonderful and they had guns *there* not just on the website... There's also Guerinni of course...

@wimberkey I also feel your pain, the gun looks lovely, and I approached the Chapuis guy myself, in french about how to get one. My personal impression of the contact I had with the guy in question was.... bad. I tried 3 times to get him to refer me to someone who would be knowledgeable in this country, (as he refused to treat direct) and I thought he was useless. And remember, there was no language barriers there...

I didn't mention in on the previous threads because it's always easier to say bad things about people, and perhaps I had been unlucky...

Still, if I were you I'd check Rizinni -- I saw the guy at the Gun Show in redditch, and the range was very nice, the guns felt wonderful and they had guns *there* not just on the website... There's also Guerinni of course...

We are definitely talking different guys here. I might just come back to the one I'm on about at a later date.

Now, it might just be that the guy you spoke to in France is not the same one who I spoke to - who is NOT the one I'm on about above. I spoke to the Chapuis Export Sales Manager who could not have been more helpful. He provided me with full details of the French and English versions of the standard stock dimensions and then allowed me to select one of the French options at no extra charge.

If I was an English RFD Chapuis customer and I were to find out that Chapuis had been giving out a competitor's name in preference to my company, I'd be a tad annoyed and Chapuis could well have found themselves in bother. Whoever you spoke to was doing the right thing both morally and with sound business ethics - something becoming increasingly rare of late, but not excessively rife perhaps.

"I'm sure it'll be here 'ere long but it's the lack of service that gets my goat."

Had an e-mail 0n Thursday morning to the effect that the gun had arrived and would I send the remaining balance. Yep, done within an hour by bank transfer. Now, I don't expect the RFD to be that quick, but am just mentioning it as a timescale indicator.

Nothing since. No acknowledgement that the money has been received, no thank you and no indication as I asked for when the gun will be dispatched.

Toys. Cot. Out. Imminent.

Feel for you

Do these companies not realise that they have turned what should be a joy and pleasureable experience

Into a nightmare

Best of luck getting your goods

All the best

Of

Cheers, many thanks. My RFD is closed tomorrow so looking at Thursday. Can put up with that - no choice.