Import

Basically, its too so risky don't even think about it. The American laws are so complex regarding exporting ammunition and the penalties are so draconian (10-20 years in jail) that you would have to be mad.

Even if it turns out to be legal to bring back what you are trying to bring back you will almost certainly miss your flight while they seek clarification and you don't get compensation or a refund.

Its completely over the top but its its their country

Basically, its too so risky don't even think about it. The American laws are so complex regarding exporting ammunition and the penalties are so draconian (10-20 years in jail) that you would have to be mad.

Even if it turns out to be legal to bring back what you are trying to bring back you will almost certainly miss your flight while they seek clarification and you don't get compensation or a refund.

That is the voice of reason, miss a flight investigated buy a guy with a rubber glove to save a couple of quid. No thanks, I will stick to a jacket and trousers.

This....

Read up on ITAR

NO guns, rifle or pistol brass/bullets, no priners/powder, no scopes with military application, etc.

You CAN bring reloading dies, presses, scales, associated reloading accessories, some hunting knives, etc.. .... plus shotshell cases/wads, choke tubes, etc. as shotgun related items are specifically named as exempt within ITAR

Its not all negative but its NOT all straight forward or obvious.

Rumours of Trump making changes remain rumours for now....as ITAR does hurt US exports.

Edited by saddler

Just had four boxes of my favourite Barnes TTSX delivered by a friend from the USA and he said the TSA(US airport security) never blinked and there was no issue when he arrived here either. BUT, it does not always work out like that and I go with the above comments. The $ to £ at the moment isn't helpful, but hell if I was there I would have to spend a few hours in Cabela's (now part of Pro Bass) and no doubt would come out much poorer.