DVLA scam

Doggone

I've had texts where the sender says HMRC and says my tax rebate is ready.

I was genuinely due a tax rebate too. I didn't click anything on it though. Looked it up and it's also a scam.

Easy to see how many not so tech savvy people are caught out.

How do they get the names like that on the texts?

Read this on another site and it seems to be good advice to people who aren't that savvy:

Treat any text or email from someone you don't know in the same way you would a complete stranger approaching you on the street and posing the same offer.

(The comment came from a thread highlighting that the parents of Millennials advised them not to talk to strangers on the street and now the same Millennials are advising their elders not to talk to strangers on the internet :rolleyes: )

Edited by Billy.

It's a scam, because it's only to renew the photo which should be free, you've already paid for your licence haven't you?

Fairly sure you're paying for the security features in the card, which aren't easy or cheap to make.

I guess the SGC and FAC renewal is a scam too, given it's a just photo update :rolleyes: I paid for my licences in 1997, so why should I ever pay again.

Fairly sure you're paying for the security features in the card, which aren't easy or cheap to make.

I guess the SGC and FAC renewal is a scam too, given it's a just photo update :rolleyes: I paid for my licences in 1997, so why should I ever pay again.

I'm fairly sure that the paper licences worked OK and didn't need renewing.

Slightly different, what with the security and public safety aspects that go with gun ownership, and I'm fairly certain you are mainly paying for the visit. Edited by Newbie to this

I'm fairly sure that the paper licences worked OK and didn't need renewing.

Slightly different, what with the security and public safety aspects that go with gun ownership, and I'm fairly certain you are mainly paying for the visit.

But a forged driving licence is harmless?

Truthfully, if you think that the firearms fees are there to mostly cover the cost of the visit, then it's no surprise you believe that a £20 renewal for a driving licence is a scam.

But a forged driving licence is harmless?

Truthfully, if you think that the firearms fees are there to mostly cover the cost of the visit, then it's no surprise you believe that a £20 renewal for a driving licence is a scam.

But you've always had to pay to renew your firearms licence, you didn't have to pay to renew you driving licence because it didn't need renewing. And if you are still in possession of your paper licence and have no reason IE. change of address/Name then you still don't need to renew it.

So as for the forged licence, paper licences are still in use and valid.