Re-parallaxing a Zeiss scope

Trajectory

Hi all

I'm new on here, and this is my first post. I don't think this topic has been discussed before, but if it has - and anybody can point me in the right direction - please feel free!

I am taking delivery of a new PCP (it's coming over from the good folks at RAW in the U.S. so I have a few months to play with). But, at any rate, I am having trouble choosing a scope. I really like the look of the Zeiss models but they all parallax down to 50 yards. I know I could, in theory, dial down the focal length for closer range shooting, but I'd rather not have to think about that. So, my question is this: does Zeiss re-parallax scopes to 10 yards? And, if not, does anybody know of a professional who could do that? If yes to either questions, how much are we talking?

Thanks in advance. :)

Does anything geared for the airgun market come close in terms of clarity and wide focal range (5-25) though? From all the reviews I've read it seems that a Zeiss scope is a cut above the scopes I used when I was younger (Simmons etc). I would like something that can be used for hunting whilst also retaining some usability for competitions.

I'll post an intro in the next day or two. :)

Hi trajectory, think you will pleasantly surprised by how good some air rifle scopes are these days, I have a tasco varmint 6*24 and it is lovely and clear but probably 10 years old at least.

Have a read through the airgun section there have been quite a few scope threads going and I doubt you need a zeiss scope on an air rifle unless you already had one or picked up a bargain, there are plenty options about, and welcome.

Mice!

hello, it would be like buying a mini and having it gold plated, a sub 12ft llb pcp air rifle only requires a clear glass scope that is within the range that these PCPs require, a non AO 3X9X40 or 4x12 x50 like hawke is the most practical. i am sure there are top range scopes better suited and maybe a PW member would recommend

Does anything geared for the airgun market come close in terms of clarity and wide focal range (5-25) though? From all the reviews I've read it seems that a Zeiss scope is a cut above the scopes I used when I was younger (Simmons etc). I would like something that can be used for hunting whilst also retaining some usability for competitions.

I'll post an intro in the next day or two. :)

Hawke are good, Nikko Stirling also. The former you can pick up for £100 or so probably cheaper and the latter for a 4-16x50 AO with mounts for about £50. Bin the mounts and get a set of sportsmatch mounts and away you go. Both capable scopes. I use a Nikko on my hmr, that replaced s Hawke because the Hawke was non ao and didn't work great with night vision. Then you can move up price range with the mtc's. For £300 you can get a nice scope with good glass and target turrets if that's your thing and there rated to .338 lap mag or something similar. Plenty of choice

A warm welcome Trajectory.

Unless i've missed something you don't say if your gun is a FAC air rifle?

My Stutzen project is coming on :) This is a sub 12ft lb air rifle in .22 it's great out to 30 yards. So Is put a nice light weight Hawke Airmax 2-7x32 AO on it. Can't fault it. Got it for £120 ish.

stutz3.jpg

You mentioned Zeiss. I had a scratch and Zeiss Conquest DL 3-12×50 Illuminated Ret 60 Riflescope ASV came up so I put it on my Annie .22LR. Brilliant bit of glass and I can shoot out to 85 yards without guessing.

It's over the top but I may well leave it there as I use a .22 rimmy more than any other gun in the cabinet.

annie555.jpg

Good evening all - and apologies for the delay in replying. It's been 'one of those weeks' at work. Like you all I'm sure, I can't wait for the bank holiday to get out and do some shooting :)

I really appreciate the advice - and welcomes. Thank you.

I've settled on the Hawke Sidewinder 6-25 by 56. It seems to offer good value (and the reviews are highly positive). I'll post a picture when the RAW arrives and I have it mounted :)