Cartridge prices shock

dbob

Haven't shot for a while due to busy work commitments. Went online to look at prices as I need 1000 and was just shocked at how much prices have risen. Power Blues now £200 and Power Gold £220. That's a rise of about 15%. Even budget end Eley First and Gambore Velocity are £190+ You could pick those up for £155-160 just over a year ago. Is this Brexit in action already or were prices unrealsictally low and just couldn't be sustained? Seems the days of a slab sub £160 are truly over.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is due to BMW & Mercedes raising their prices .

You really cannot expect Cartridge Company employees to drive Astra's or Mondeo's ?????

A bloody total rip off .

Sadly it is the young working family man who will ultimately suffer , by being unable to afford to shoot .

Very greedy and shortsighted by the cartridge companies.

We tighten our belts and graft to afford to shoot whilst others slacken theirs to make way for the corporate dinners and over indulgence .

In 1970 I was on about the national average wage. If I spent it all on cartridges I'd get c25,000.

Now, in 2017 although retired, I'm still on about the average wage and similarly I can get c75,000 of the same cartridges.

Back then, the choice available was close to Hobson's but now it's wide open so the quantity my dosh gets me for a decent cartridge is c100,000.

Haven't shot for a while due to busy work commitments. Went online to look at prices as I need 1000 and was just shocked at how much prices have risen. Power Blues now £200 and Power Gold £220. That's a rise of about 15%. Even budget end Eley First and Gambore Velocity are £190+ You could pick those up for £155-160 just over a year ago. Is this Brexit in action already or were prices unrealsictally low and just couldn't be sustained? Seems the days of a slab sub £160 are truly over.

hello, you can shop around if you have a few RFDs near or check out just cartridges bin ends

I was told china had driven lead prices up as they were buying loads up ! Any truth in this ?

THAT was the story last year when the first increases took place. Mid year the price of lead plummeted and we saw some cheaper cartridges from the 'big names' in cartridges, average price was then around £150/1000. The last TWO increases have been due to, and I quote, "A triple whammy, Brexit, Lead prices and exchange rate for the pound (sterling)". If things change again (which they probably will), the latest will undoubtedly be, 'The Election' excuse !

I was told china had driven lead prices up as they were buying loads up ! Any truth in this ?

No that's another one of those stories told by RFDs to customers. Lead price has been a virtual flat line since 2010 and is actually less than it was in 2008

Edited by Vince Green