Blue Riband

scolopax

With todays news that Nestle is now moving production of the Blue Riband biscuit to Poland, with the associated UK job losses. Does anyone have a definitive list of once UK made products which have now had production moved abroad?

Edited by scolopax

Draper "British" tools came from China as far back as the 1990,s i know i used to unpack them .Massey Ferguson not made here for years ,shut Desford down and sold it to Caterpillar .Moved production to France.The British army gave a tender for uniforms to the Germans under the crazy EU tender scam <scheme>.

Youngs Seafood closed their Annan branch, & ship Scottish seafood to Malasia for processing, then back to U/K for sale, I have bought nowt of theirs since.

hello, on a serious note what is the cost of fuel etc, seems another nail in the coffin for the fishing industry

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

The thing is with Blue Riband nearly all the ingredients come from Poland, so at the moment they ship the ingredients over here, then make the biscuits and ship them (not all of them) back to Poland for distribution around Europe.

So really it makes business sense to do what they have done.

Youngs Seafood closed their Annan branch, & ship Scottish seafood to Malasia for processing, then back to U/K for sale, I have bought nowt of theirs since.

Watched a programme recently where they said it was cheaper to send Scottish Salmon abroad (China) for processing and then ship it back to the UK to sell rather than process it here.

:shaun: