just gained a golf club permission

vampire

Always hankered after a golf club for rabbit control and tonight i gained one :good: completely by accident and the owner is going to email me a letter of permission, i can come and go as i please after closing.

the club is about 30 acres and plenty evidence of rabbit damage.

Now going to google it and see what surrounds the club.

Always hankered after a golf club for rabbit control and tonight i gained one :good: completely by accident and the owner is going to email me a letter of permission, i can come and go as i please after closing.

the club is about 30 acres and plenty evidence of rabbit damage.

Now going to google it and see what surrounds the club.

I've got one, and it's a bit hard to manage in the summer when the rabbits need controlling. The old rich boys are literally there at 5.30am and don't leave till 10.00pm. Ask if you can use a golf cart, they are totally used to them.

Good luck

I've recently picked one up. 3 nights on the trot and 1 rabbit :sad1:

Air rifle only and I can't get anywhere near them. Other shooters plus Foxes and Badgers are keeping them very wary.

Yet during the day there's loads within reach and don't seem to mind the Golfers and Buggies.

I used to shoot a golf course up in Scotland lots of funny stories, always phone reception and let them know which areas you going to go to so when and they will someone calls police or reception they know its you.

Most courses have an out of the way area or two normally where you can go undisturbed.

Enjoy

fantastic for range sightinging in ,with all distances marked out (assuming they have a driving range at the club).

I go every 6-8 weeks, leave foxes to help out when you cant make it.

I use nv and watch the badgers and foxes feeding, have watched mum teaching the cubs to hunt and leave rabbits for them.

Before you first shoot walk the boundarys, learn where the neighbours are (plus ones with dogs) and any public paths where dogs may be at night, or kids playing in the bunkers!

Its good fun but needs a regular commitment. I always write a report to greenkeeper of visits ,badgers seen where the fox den is and how many around and how many rabbits taken. This has saved me from getting kicked off by managers or others taking the perm from me.

I wish you happy hunting.

Thanks for replys.

Have had a look on google and its just surrounded by fields and its in the middle of no where,so it will just be the late night members to watch for,but they have all been informed by the owner,who has said if any probs ring him with reg no of car and he will know who it is.

I have the lamp in the truck and rifle mounted t50 but will invest in a add on nv unit.

Thinking leave the 22 rf at home and take the .17hmr so worried about ricochets,mate has the fac air which would be ideal for this.

Will defo have a walk round in day light to check it all out.