Kent and Sussex Clubman League 2017

Mr.C

gonna be nosey, which club are you shooting for ?

I shoot at Stumbletts, which can seem a bit 'compact' if you're used to shooting the more open grounds.

first one at Willow Farm is a bit of a journey for us, but well worth it.

you need to do all rounds to get anywhere near the top of the individual leader board.

we've struggled as a club in the last couple of years to get a full team to shoot on Saturdays. most of our club only really want to shoot on a Sunday.

gonna be nosey, which club are you shooting for ?

I shoot at Stumbletts, which can seem a bit 'compact' if you're used to shooting the more open grounds.

first one at Willow Farm is a bit of a journey for us, but well worth it.

you need to do all rounds to get anywhere near the top of the individual leader board.

we've struggled as a club in the last couple of years to get a full team to shoot on Saturdays. most of our club only really want to shoot on a Sunday.

Mill Farm, I shoot there most fortnights and am a member there. This will be my 1st comp of any sort, not been shooting that long. Willow Farm is the only other shoot on the schedule I've been to before and it's a bit of a journey for us too, will be dragging along Bobski who I regularly shoot with. I'm not expecting to be in the top half let alone near the top, just enjoy the shooting.

Just in case you spot me to say hello, 6' tall, grey beard, black summit high rib impact, hamilton case weather depending.

How are you getting on with that gun Mr C? I had the same gun. I still think it was one of the nicest guns to shoot, and looks awesome. I could not hit a bloody thing with it though. You didn't buy it second hand in Sussex Guns did you?

It was yours was it?

Love it to bits. I bought it because I wanted something with a more heads up position and it came up to the shoulder very nicely. I looked at it on the wall for a very long time before I tried it. Got it set up 50/50 with a DTS rubber comb sat flat down in the stock.

Am still improving with it but won't deny I've a long way to go. Sticking with it though.

Yeah it was mine. I wanted exactly that, a more upright shooting position, but unfortunately it just didn't work out for me. I had a really ill fitting beretta 682 gold e, and was struggling to improve. So when I got the CG it fitted me perfectly, but just didn't shoot the style of shooting I'd grown up with. I changed to a Browning 725 and haven't looked back.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was fun. Although busy there was plenty of chat and a good atmosphere so waiting wasn't a chore. Did better on some stands than expected but that rabbit running over your feet caught alot out including me. Looking forward to the next one at Mill Farm.

Edited by Mr.C

Haha I missed all the rabbits :)

I shot over the top of all of them, it was just so damn close I couldn't get low enough. 10ft further out and I would have minced it.

I thought it was a great shoot. I finished on 50, which is about my average. How about you?

Was on 45 after 6 stands and had a brain fade. Stand 5 was my last. I took the incoming, dipping right to left too early and shot over it, and then the rabbit.

Finished with 48 which if I'm honest I would say was fair.