Carpenter/general builder vacancy np44

eddoakley

I know there are a few on here local to me so worth a go.

I am looking for various trades to work mainly in the Cwmbran and Newport area with the occasional jobs over the bridge.

Ideally time served carpenter but as long as you are capable in most aspects papers are not essential. No need for cscs or anything like that as almost all of the work is small domestic stuff. Extensions, refurbs, kitchens etc.

Rates of pay depend on experience and ability.

Must be willing to "muck in" with others if required. May well spend a fair amount of time simply running errands like collecting materials or helping out with other trades. Prima donnas need not apply.

Some ability in tiling/plumbing/decorating would all be a bonus but only for very small job's.

Price work and bonuses available.

Own vehicle would be a bonus but van can/will be provided.

Should have basic kit as a minimum but most power tools will be provided.

Pretty flexible with hours and pretty easy going as a job. Just need someone reliable, capable and presentable to be able to liase with clients if necessary.

Someone older or even semi retired might be a good candidate for one of the positions.

So if you are, or know of, someone who might fit the bill then please get in touch.

Thanks

Edd

Good luck Ed,

We have just finished a new build of 6 flats near the forest of dean. This is out of our area so we tried to employ local subbies, we went through 9 carpenters, their work was just awful. I think a lot of the skilled, time served trades have left the industry. We seemed to attract the - I've got a full set of Makita tools I'll advertise myself as a chippy brigade.

A great opportunity for someone