Anyone seeing pigeons on the peas yet

lakeside1000

The pea fields are very quiet in my area , some birds are still on poor rape patches, but not in any numbers.

Once they start chitting things may improve.

I was in your area today having a pub lunch at The Bell in Ivychurch and passed a few large pea fields between there and New Romney with quite a few pigeons ( about 50 or so) feeding on just one field. All other pea fields had none, so there's obviously one field that's their favourite.

Good luck down there as the peas around here have none at all.

OB

• 4 weeks later...

Big gangs building a flight line's developing now went out today 5 pigeon shells killed 14 in hour and a half before heavy rain came in every bird was decoying well had some good shots, what could of been

Its a while since I first posted this item, but in the last week I have taken one bag of 23 and another of 15 on the peas, we have been waiting a long time for them to show interest and in the meantime I have acquired another 4 fields , all peas and all 3 inches plus high, small groups are feeding, especially just before going to roost, best results are between 4.00 and 7.30 pm, but they are very nervous, especially when the magnet is out, I gave up with shells and started using dead birds only, with one or two flappers and floaters , which seems to work best with birds dropping straight into the kill area,

The heatwave appears to be over, this afternoon we had freezing sea fog blowing in bringing visibility down to 50 yards, with light rain and winds forecast for the rest of the week,

Another patrol planned for tomorrow with some shooting planned for the late afternoon if we can find some birds, fingers crossed.

I have 4 fields of peas and a few birds are showing interest , but as yet all attempts at shooting them have failed. There are often a dozen to 20 birds on the field when I arrive , but they fly off never to be seen again. Five decoying days, so far have not had a single shot.